Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who killed the cat?? (sad)  (Read 6611 times)
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 06:36:49 AM »

After Fayd became an inside cat I very few outside cats. There are too many coyotes, bobcats, bears and mountain lions. In recent years the mountain lions and bears are making a comeback in this area. I did NOT like finding a frigging bobcat on the front porch in the middle of the night last year, it managed to jump over a 4 foot railing and down about 10 feet into the yard and took off like the demons from hell were chasing it.

If I am more than within a few hundred feet of the house I always carry a firearm, always. At one time it was for fear of the two legged vermin that might come up the side of the mountain but in 14 years I have only ran across one example of two legged vermin (took a while to get the head mounted, the taxidermist asked ALLOT of questions <j/k>). Run across places where bears are marking their territory and a few bobcat kills (partially buried, seems they like their food prepared like kimchee (buried for a few days to tenderize it).

Walking two of the long beverages ( 1800 feet long on an azimuth of 30 degrees, another at 850 feet at 90 degree azimuth) through the woods I end up more concerned about getting tore up by blackberry bush thorns or snakes in the kudzu. I do not want to surprise mamma bear with her babies or a mountain lion lounging in the sun on a rock outcropping.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
N1EQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 06:54:23 AM »

What do cats and Klingons have in common?

The only good one is a dead one.

My favorite book is 100 Uses For A Dead Cat.

We made peace with the Klingons over 20 years ago (Star Trek, The Next Generation).

Your "favorite" book is actually "101 Uses For A Dead Cat":
http://www.amazon.com/101-Uses-Dead-Simon-Bond/dp/0517545160

I'd like to write the book "101 Uses For A Dead Cat-Abuser", but I really have no use for such people, dead or alive.

The "Queen", going on 14 years old:
http://www.n1eq.com/main/page_photo_gallery_the_queen.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:18:28 AM by N1EQ » Logged
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 10:18:05 AM »

Mike:  "Long live the Queen!"

She's a beautiful cat and from the way you talk, you take care of her.  That means keeping her indoors.

I get so tired of reading about people's cats.... and dogs..... being run over by a car, (invariably tearfully lamenting "that they offender didn't even have the decency to stop and render first aid) killed or maimed by a dog, shot, trapped, etc. 

I feel that it is totally irresponsible for pets to be turned loose on the neighbors for any reason.  First of all, many people simply don't want cats.... or dogs.... crapping in their yards.  Especially cats, whose crap smells worse than a roadkill skunk!  And it can't be cleaned up. 

I also irresponsible to subject ones pets to the hazards of the 'outside world.'  It isn't necessary.

People also don't like their expensive shrubs either smashed down by big feet dogs and sprayed by both dogs and cats.  I don't begrudge people owning a pet but I shouldn't have to deal with them.  That includes incessant barking of their pets, which I am presently suffering with to the point where it's almost impossible to carry on a conversation on my own front porch.

Oh well, such is life.

N1EQ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 12:22:55 PM »

Mike:  "Long live the Queen!"

She's a beautiful cat and from the way you talk, you take care of her.  That means keeping her indoors.

Actually, I do bring her out for walks. She wears a harness and leash.  Smiley

K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »

Good for you.... way to go man! 
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »

For a horrible moment I thought this thread was about the CAT port on my Yaesu transceiver!

We lost our moggie a few years ago, but she had 17 years of fun in this world, and never complained a day in her life.
If only we all could have this attitude.

73s
N8CMQ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »

I love cats, they taste like chicken!
Why are oriental restaurants so close to a vets office?
Just a couple of stickers on the back of my truck...
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 06:09:32 AM »

Cats are more like rabbit than chicken. I am told that in Malta, rabbits are sold with the head on so you can be sure. Larousse Gastronomique has illustrations to show the difference in bones betwen cat and rabbit.

On threatening my cats with making them into a 'catterole', all I get is 'purr'!  Burmese are VERY affectionate....

But see

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2369949/7403850
N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 08:52:05 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE2r0vjkXK0

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 07:43:15 PM »

I have had my license for over 51 years and in that time I have noticed that hams with pets are generally the most well balanced, considerate and compassionate beings on the planet.

Animals will give you love and attention no matter your mode. They ask only for a roof and a little food and never judge. I wish a lot of the hams I hear on the bands had the maturity of a stray dog of cat.

I am sorry to hear of your loss but when a pet crosses the rainbow bridge they will be in a better place to meet you again someday.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: