Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bye Bye Flexers Bye Bye  (Read 15625 times)
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 11:03:56 AM »

Oh my God, not another one!! 

AB2YC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »

Thanks you for the info, I gave away all my toriods to a guy who had
his Metal Halide Lights causing him RFI into his aquarium controller.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:32:42 PM by AB2YC » Logged
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »

---

This kind of nonsense is exactly why I dislike allowing users to edit their posts.

Mike N2MG
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »

This kind of nonsense is exactly why I dislike allowing users to edit their posts.
Mike N2MG

As a eham Administrator, You must not have enough to do to comment on a very old (2 year) thread.

As you well know for some time eham posters have not had the ability to edit posts past 10 or 15 minutes. If I had something to do with this policy then you should be thanking me instead of calling it nonsense.  Cheesy Cheesy

FWIW I edited or deleted many of my information packed posts. I simply got tired of being moderated for no reason and no explanation.So I helped out eham by deleting many of my early posts.

Eham still FREQUENTLY censors me and deletes my posts with no explanation. As I see it Fair is Fair. If eham can delete my posts without any explanation, I should have the same ability.  Wink Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:23:10 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
NI0Z

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »

Here in lies the problem with eHam SDR forum these days.  This is the only topic posted on in a few days.  The well is drying up here!  There are better things to talk about, but nobody is talking any more unless its to argue whose radio is better than the others.

I'll check back in a week to see what's new!

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »

Here in lies the problem with eHam SDR forum these days.  This is the only topic posted on in a few days.  The well is drying up here! 

Here is the problem as I see it.eham has censored this SDR forum to the point that is no longer interesting.

I myself have pretty much given up posting as half of my posts in the last month has been deleted by eham moderators. Indeed a whole Interesting thread I started, was deleted because it pointed out the lack of a Panafall in the upcoming Flexradio 6000 series. Other non Flex loving hams have pretty much given up on this SDR forum. The eham SDR forum is now a replica of the Flexradio reflectors. Only favorable Flexradio views are welcome. How interesting is that? Well the lack of activity here recently shows that many hams detest one-sided and censored views.

Stan K9IUQ
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 06:22:41 PM »

A few days ago I read about a rocky object with it's very own small moon revolving around it, passing within a million miles or so of Earth. Astrophysicists predicted it would sail on by. Evidently they were wrong, and it was captured by eHam forums, and tends to revolve around SDR topics..
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »

K5TED, your post had me on the floor laughing so loud my sides hurt.

Stan, you and I have chatted on this forum before.  It's a bit unsettling about the moderation sometimes, but maybe we need another place to post opinions if it can't be stated here?  Just wondering...
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 04:12:06 AM »

What's nice about eHam is that you have the option to IGNORE posters. You might see their comments quoted by somebody else, but essentially most of their negativity is not seen.
Fred
W4HIJ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 05:48:14 PM »

What's nice about eHam is that you have the option to IGNORE posters. You might see their comments quoted by somebody else, but essentially most of their negativity is not seen.
Fred
Yep, couldn't stand to stay here without that feature. We seem to be free of most of the ignorant malcontents though anyway these days.
Michael, W4HIJ
N4WVE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 11:21:01 AM »

Stan just likes to complain. It's like listening to the govt, it doesn't mean anything, just a lot of gum flapping and wasted oxygen. I recently sold my 3000, not because it wasn't great (it was!) but because I have too many SDR radios. Loved the Flex...and my Icom...and my Kenwood as well. All work great for specific applications. If I could afford a 6000 I would buy one. Why? Because it's part of the future. And unlike some, I don't dwell on the past.

Greg N4WVE
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 02:16:43 PM »

Stan just likes to complain. It's like listening to the govt, it doesn't mean anything,

Not so. Yessssss I like to complain, I was a Union Steward in another life and quickly learned that the Squeaking wheel gets the GREASE.

I proved this many times with Flexradio. For instance the 160/80 mtr spur problem was fixed because of my constant public squeaking. Indeed Flexradio fixed my radio first to shut me up. I could name several other problems (bugs) that were fixed because of my complaining but it has all been documented here before.

Keep your mouth shut and nothing gets fixed, problems get ignored. But Squeak Squeak especially publicly and things get fixed. Squeaking works with the Govt too if you know how to go about it. In fact complaining and squeaking works everywhere. My wife Squeaks all the time about fixing stuff around the house. I fix the problems just to shut her up.  Wink Cheesy

Now Flexers hate to rock the boat and complain (Squeak) about problems for fear of peer pressure. They deserve problems.   Wink Cheesy

FWIW I have gotten many emails from Flexers thanking me for getting certain Flex bugs fixed. Most Flexers will not complain publicly (they fear getting ridiculed like K9IUQ) but will complain thru private emails. You would be shocked at the amount of complaining I heard from Flexers via email when I had my 5K......

Stan (the Complainer and Squeaker rocking the boat everywhere) K9IUQ  Cheesy Cheesy

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:25:37 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
N4WVE

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »

Well Stan, I have to say your points are correct. I work for the govt and if you know who to squeak to, when and where to squeak, and how long to squeak, then you can effect change. I guess in my field, I would be considered a squeaker. It often puts me at odds with my superiors, but if I feel justified, then I remain calm and carry on. I admire your convictions, even though we may disagree on certain Flex points. Anyway, when I am wrong about my perception of someone, I will always be the first to acknowledge it. Flex my have problems, but they have some great points too. I enjoyed my 3000 and hope someday to have a new (improved) flex radio.

Greg N4WVE

Greg N4WVE
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 05:37:37 PM »

Well Stan, I have to say your points are correct. I work for the govt and if you know who to squeak to, when and where to squeak, and how long to squeak, then you can effect change. I guess in my field, I would be considered a squeaker. It often puts me at odds with my superiors,
Greg N4WVE

Another thing I learned as Union Steward was my Union Brothers loved to complain - to me. Many Brothers tho would NEVER complain to the company for fear of retaliation. I had to complain for them...

My Flexradio complaining was only for the purpose of getting Flex to fix some very real problems that they had ignored for far too long. They did fix many of the problems I complained about and PSDR and the 5K are a much better and polished product because of my constant public squeaking...  

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:39:57 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: