Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: logging software suggestions  (Read 3140 times)
KD5PCK

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:46:36 AM »

I am new to the whole computer logging software world. anyone have any suggestions as to what to use?
I am running Windows 7, 64bit. I am not looking for something to interface with the radio, just something to help me log and avoid duplicates.
I am not a contester. Mainly looking to use the logging software for Field Day and for a few special event stations throughout the year. any suggestions would be appreciated.

KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:38:37 AM »

For contesting I use N1MM it runs on Win 7 64bit, at least in manual mode. Decent contest logger. If your serial port and radio agree with it and Win 7 then you might even be able to do some automatic frequency entry.

My other "main" logging program is Logger32 and it again runs well in manual mode on Win 7 64 bit. I haven't tried it on any of my computers that actually have serial ports. Agsin I suspect that if the USB to serial port adapter were compatible with it, it would allow radio control in a 64 bit environment.

My radio computer is running Win XP 32 bit.

KF7CG
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »

I use WinLog32. Being using it about 6 months now and was a paper log before that. I have been happy with it and author has a support forum too.

www.winlog32.co.uk

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
KJ1D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 05:02:06 PM »

I use Logic8. It is a little on the expensive side but I really like all of the features it provides.
KD5PCK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. Gonna check some out this weekend.
K9MRD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 07:14:26 AM »

Also look at XMLog....www.xmlog.com
K3TN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 03:10:47 AM »

If you want an easy to use logging program with all the features you need for daily operating, but not all the bells and whistles and complexity, take a look at N3FJP. I've used that for several years. It is not expensive but not free.

If you want a logging program with all kinds of features but lots more complexity look at Ham Radio Deluxe. It is free but very complex and takes a lot of work to get configured and stable.

73 John K3TN

John K3TN
KA9CCH

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 07:03:46 PM »

DXkeeper part of the DXlab suite.  Free, tracks awards and works with LOTW and eQSL. 

KA9CCH
Levert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: