Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DARC Christmas Contest - opinions?  (Read 598 times)
KF5KWO

Ignore
« on: December 25, 2007, 02:04:08 PM »

Wanting to try the DARC contest tonight, wondering if anyone reading this has participated and what you think about the contest.  

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Jeff, KF5KWO
Helotes, TX
DB7TF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:13:54 AM »

Dear Jeff,

I know I´m much too late with my answer. I participated in the contest, and it was lots of fun, as every year.

Please don´t get me wrong, but I was a little bit surprised that a ham from NA is interested in our DARC Christmas Contest, as I have never seen a NA station in the score list. It is rather a national contest, on 80 and 40, and I guess you could have got only some QRO stations on 40 between 7100 and 7200.

It´s a very crowded and also funny contest, the special challenge is the QSY rule, which requires you to be very fast and careful. But I enjoyed it a lot, and did some 106 QSOs in 2 1/2 hours. Probably not the best score, but I enjoyed it.

Did you join in? And if not...why don´t you try to join in this year, 2008?

73 es hny from Frankfurt/DL
Thorsten, DB7TF
KF5KWO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »

No, we went over to my wife's parents' house instead, and I was so tired there that I fell asleep on the couch.  I'll try to participate in the next one, I'll be much closer - I'll be in Ankara, Turkey.  

Happy New Year and 73 de Jeff, KF5KWO
Helotes, TX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: