Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.175 foreign broadcast  (Read 1413 times)
N4JTE

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »

0241.Z and guess who decides to ignore the new band plan, some middle east station playing some ridiculous crap oh well, hi.
Only good thing is I can check front to back on some phased verticals close to my freq. of interest.
Bob
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 09:37:43 PM »

Hello Bob, I agree with you, these pirate stations (what else would you call them) have there own agendas, and do not care about anyones band plans. The only good thing is they only appear at sundown and at night, so during the day you can use just about any frequency on the 40 meter band without there interference.

73s
Barry K2OWK
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 01:47:44 AM »

You might be surprised to know that because many countries have footnoted the ITU Radio regs, many of the stations aren't pirates, being licenced transmissions. However, they cannot claim protection from interference from amateurs outside their own country, and in theory, mustn't cause interference to amateurs in other countries.

Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea, Libya & Madagascar have designated 7.000 - 7.050 as a primary allocation to the fixed service

Uzbekistan, and Kirghizstan have  designated 7.0 - 7.2 to fixed and mobile as secondary services

Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Bahrein, Botswana, Brunei, China, Comoros, Republic of Korea, Diego Garcia, Djibouti, Egypt, UAE, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Mauretania, new Zealand, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Qatar, Syria, Singapore, Sudan, Tunisia Viet Nam, and Yemen all designate 7.1 to 7.2 to fixed and mobile services as a primary allocation.

So you can run 1500 watts into a 4 square or whatever, beaming at them, and if they suffer harmful interference, it's their problem. In theory, it should be possible to get the FCC to make an official complaint to the country concerned to get them to move if they are causing interference. Occasionally, that works....but not often! Back in 1983, a certain Pacific country's Navy complained about interference from amateurs in the 18MHz band - nobody had told them they didn't have that band anymore!
N4JTE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »

RZP, good points, give me a couple of weeks to finish and I will try out the 4 square idea, only have 600 watts unfortunatly.
Take care,
Bob
WD4CHP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »

Just for " Grin " a coordinated conspiracy could be organized for all hams call cq on 7.175 when propagation is highest in their area.

Not that I condone it, BUT it is an idea.  Cheesy
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »

I`ve often wondered if we sound like the teacher in those Charlie Brown cartoons to the people in Europe. "Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah". Or if our sideband signals get drowned out by the megawatt broadcasters. Has anyone ever heard the U.S. from Europe or Africa?......... Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: