Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New radio software and cables?  (Read 1360 times)
KF7QKR

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »

Hello all,
New here and to the hobby(haven't even taken the test yet), but was about ready to order some hardware and wanted to ask a question.
I've decided to buy a Yaesu FT-7900r and a FT-270R radios. Most of the users in my area are on 2M.
My question is whether or not to buy the ADMS-7900 and -270 software and cable kits? At about 10% of the total order for these two, I wanted
to make sure they were something that is very good to have or just for the high volume user.
Is this software for programming how the radio's work or something else?
Thank you for any input or thoughts,
Jack

Jack Reilly
Roseburg, Oregon
FNG
KA2DDX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:42:44 PM »

While I don't own those two models...........I do own the Yaesu ft8800r and the vx6r and I bought the software for them when I bought the radios. In my view, buying the software should be automatic. This new generation of radios give us so much capability. You can use them without the software, but having the software makes them so much easier to use and operate and appreciate. I also use HRD with my ft950 hf rig. Software makes ham radio a world of difference, especially for the level of sophistication all these rigs offer us. The cost of RT systems software isn't that high, and you only buy the software once.
KF7QKR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:24:52 AM »

Thank you for your thoughts KA2DDX, I was beginning to think I asked the question in the wrong way
after seeing over 100 views and no responses.
I went ahead and bought the software for both units and I upgraded my HT to a FT-60r dual band.
Here we go....
Jack

Jack Reilly
Roseburg, Oregon
FNG
WZ3O

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »

Heres' where I got my software for all my 2/440 rigs. http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ .... works well, great service, fairly priced.... Also I've gotten all my cables from KawaMall on Ebay...good stuff for decent $$.

Good luck on getting your ticket & upgrade, HF is where the "fun's at" IMHO.....Have fun, enjoy & remember it's a Hobby.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: