Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SB200 RCA Panel Mount Female  (Read 2829 times)
KM5XK

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »

Anyone have a source for the RCA connectors on the rear of a SB200?  I need all of them.

Thanks
Don, KM5XK
KI4VEO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »

Radio Shack should be convenient:  http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103224
KM5XK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 07:58:47 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I have that type now and am looking for the original ones with two "ears"and are mounted with two screws each.  I think they are old style and probably are difficult to locate. 

The ones Radio Shack has are difficult to mount in the original mounting holes. I suppose I could drill new holes in the panel but was trying to keep it "stock". Smiley

KM5XK
AD7VB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 09:07:06 PM »

Maybe this is what you are looking for? http://www.onlinecomponents.com/switchcraft_3501f.html?p=12318988

Try a search on google for switchcraft 3501f. it appears that switchcraft no longer makes them so get it while you can.

Todd
AD7VB

KM5XK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »

That's close.   I think it is important that the insulator material is ceramic since it carries RF. 

I will look at Switchcraft tomorrow and see if I can find a exact replacement for mine.

Thanks for the effort and for sending the link.  I appreciate it.

Don, KM5XK
KI4VEO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 10:06:08 PM »

Surplus Sales:  http://www.surplussales.com/Connectors/RCA-1.html

This ceramic two ear lug type was used by Collins, too.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 12:48:26 AM »

I used the Radio Shack ones on my SB220 I just used stainless washers for them to fit the holes in the amp. Since they are not used for RF they are just fine.

Roland AH6RR
KM5XK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 07:19:00 AM »

AH6RR,

I am not very familiar with Heath amps but my SB200 has 3 RCA jacks on the lower rear panel.  "RF In" from the xcvr, "ANT RLY" and "ALC".  They are all the ceramic type and the insulators are cracked.  I was thinking of replacing all of them since I will have the amp apart.  I tried the two washer set up with a newer type connector and it was o.k. but not as rigid as I would like it to be.

Thanks

KM5XK
KM5XK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 07:23:25 AM »

Ki4VEO

Bingo!!

The Collins jack is exactly the one that is installed in my panel.  I will order 3 this morning.  I had searched DigiKey, Mouser and Radio Shack with no joy.  I even have the DigiKey door-stop of a catalog and it must have every connector made today but not the one I was looking for.  I suppose the maker is long gone as are the manufacturers that used this type of jack.

Thanks for sending along the link--it sure made it easy to order the parts.

Don, KM5XK
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 10:41:41 AM »

AH6RR,

I am not very familiar with Heath amps but my SB200 has 3 RCA jacks on the lower rear panel.  "RF In" from the xcvr, "ANT RLY" and "ALC".  They are all the ceramic type and the insulators are cracked.  I was thinking of replacing all of them since I will have the amp apart.  I tried the two washer set up with a newer type connector and it was o.k. but not as rigid as I would like it to be.

Thanks

KM5XK

I have worked on only 2 SB200's and I guess they were modified because they had BNC connectors for the RF in. The Collins RCA connectors should be fine as long as the male RCA plug has a long enough pin.
Roland AH6RR
KI4VEO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 11:39:21 AM »

Ki4VEO

Bingo!!

The Collins jack is exactly the one that is installed in my panel.  I will order 3 this morning.  I had searched DigiKey, Mouser and Radio Shack with no joy.  I even have the DigiKey door-stop of a catalog and it must have every connector made today but not the one I was looking for.  I suppose the maker is long gone as are the manufacturers that used this type of jack.

Thanks for sending along the link--it sure made it easy to order the parts.

Don, KM5XK

After you described the RCA connector I knew just where to find 'em.  Surplus Sales isn't cheap but they have a good selection of OEM boatanchor parts.  Bookmark the web site for future reference.

Sometimes you can find stuff like this at Fair Radio Sales: http://www.fairradio.com/
KM5XK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 07:54:21 PM »

AH6RR

I think the connectors you saw were probably upgraded.  I thought about installing a SO239 but the space is quite limited there and the relay is real close so depth is also a problem.  I decided to stick with the original design. (Even paying premium prices for the RCA connectors I saved about $2,990 since I was considering a new Tokyo Hy Power amp. HI HI) This way I can defer that for awhile.

73 All,

KM5XK
NK6Q

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 07:37:59 AM »

I also acquired an old SB-200 recently, and the rear RCA jacks looked pretty crumbly, so I was thinking about replacing them.  Coincidentally this thread came right on time.

I've already ordered three replacement jacks.  Thanks to KI4VEO for clueing us onto Surplus Sales.

Bill in Pasadena
KM5XK

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 11:56:55 AM »

I second that.  KI4VEO should be getting a kick-back from Surplus Sales if this trend keeps up.  Wink

KM5XK
KI4VEO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 04:22:29 PM »

Just trying to help out the restoration buffs when I can.

I keep a bookmark list of old parts locations and consult them as necessary.

Have fun fellows...and keep the old rigs on the air.

Howard

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: