Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auction of 440 ham band?  (Read 6918 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 09:20:13 AM »

Don't forget that PAVE PAWS worked fine with a load of 70cm repeaters around it, until they 'upgraded' it to digital processing instead of the old analog processing. Then it was jammed and so the repeaters were mainly shut down, or reduced power to an enormous extent. It was all on the ARRL website a year or two back. Seems retrograde to me to upgrade a radar that wasn't too easily jammed to one that is......but military intelligence.

But that means that selling the band off would be problematical because of ensuring the commercial use didn't jam the radar. Incidentally, it's hard to hide a radar signal - when it doesn't transmit, it can't be seen, but when it does, it can. Even with frequency hopping and monopulse techniques. One reason for microscan receivers.

KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »

W3LK and KICJS have been on my "ignore" list for a long time! There is absolutely no excuse for their rude and insulting comments on this string. They like to flame and then complain to those in charge (bully behavior), but W8JX did not fall for their tactics. Unfortunately, the moderators on this site play favorites!  Sad
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:57:41 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: