Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SmashIndex Logger 2011 (Free Field Day Logger)  (Read 2346 times)
KI4JGT

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »

Hey guys,

A while back, I asked you guys to tell me what you thought of my field day logging program. I had a lot of suggestions. I recently got around to implementing some of those suggestions like; I now have it able to count the different modes. So it can tell you how many of each mode you've logged.

The download link is:
http://adf.ly/351619/sil2011

Sorry for the inconvenience. I haven't got the program packed to install to the user's computer yet, but here's how to use it without installing it.

- Right click on downloaded file
- Click Extract/Extract to (Haven't used Windows in forever)
- REMEMBER: Where you extracted it to so you can find it on your computer
- Open the folder where you extracted the files

If you're using Windows 7/Vista:
- Right click SIL2011.exe
- Click run as an administrator (If you want to run a virus scan first be my guest)

If you're using all other versions of Windows:
- Simply double click the SIL2011.exe file

Looking forward to hearing your responses KI4JGT 73
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:47:27 AM »

This is the best Field Day logger (and easiest). I have seen a few of them, since I am the Field Day chairman for my club. This logger is even easy for computer illiterate people.

http://www.n3fjp.com/
KI4JGT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:36:40 AM »

Would you mind telling me what makes it so easy? What features you enjoy about it that is?
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:45:15 PM »

Hi Jesse:

Much improved over the first version. You've done a lot of work
and it shows. Is there a way you can not have to enter the
band and mode for each and every entry, just the callsign and "traffic"? 
It would also be very helpful if you could export the log in at least ADIF format
in order to convert to CABRILLO, the default contest submission format.

73, Ken    AD6KA
KI4JGT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »

Yeah, the IF NOT: XXX means it already has the band and mode entered. Above where it asks for the band and mode. . . It says IF NOT: XXX. If you want to keep that same entry, you simply press "ENTER" If you want to change it, you put in the new information and then press enter.

As far as exporting, I can only do HTML as of currently. I'm planning on including a lot more options in next years release. As of current, it's just meant for field day, so I didn't see the need to implement other formats.

Additionally: You can press "X" at any time to cancel an entry. and the logger has a hidden Easter Egg when you enter "CQ" as the callsign LOL :-)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:02:24 PM by KI4JGT » Logged
KI4JGT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 06:18:08 PM »

I seem to be getting a ton of downloads from this site. I just wanted to let everyone know that the website for my project is http://www.smashindex.org. If you're interested. Also, I plan to convert it to Python and in next years release I plan to include networking capabilities, so you can run a logger on more than one computer, and have them both synced.
KI4JGT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 06:00:15 AM »

Hey guys,
If any of you plan on using this for field day 2011, would you consider posting a review of the software HERE, after you're done?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: