Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QuanSheng TG UV2 need help  (Read 2130 times)
VE2MAC

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2011, 07:02:45 PM »

I got my QuanSheng  TGUV2 around March 14-2011 tried to program it without success. Now the keypad is jammed. None of the button work. When pressing a button, all it does is double (BEEP). Can't even reset, you can only activate the  (F) button and when you do, only (F) displays, and nothing else can be done. HELP IS NEEDED
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:04:01 PM »

If it won't let you do a hard reset, then you should call the distributor.  If you get it direct, return it or exchange it.  Sorry to have to put it this way, but you get what you pay for, and when those Chinese units go bad, they go BAD.
KJ6HYC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 09:03:06 PM »

Did you check for a stuck key?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:17:51 PM »

Not saying you're wrong--you may be right--but if that is the case, the F key probably wouldn't work either.  BUT...  On these Chinese rigs.....   Grin
KG6BRG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 05:57:38 AM »

I'm not sure, if you mean that the key pad doesn't respond, perhaps it is just locked.  I don't know any thing about that radio, but if there is a lock button on the key pad try holding it down for 2 seconds or so and see if that helps.  cheers. and good luck. 
VE2MAC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 07:53:27 AM »

If it won't let you do a hard reset, then you should call the distributor.  If you get it direct, return it or exchange it.  Sorry to have to put it this way, but you get what you pay for, and when those Chinese units go bad, they go BAD.

You may be right ! I just wrote the manufacturer asking for a replacement. Waiting for reply
VE2MAC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 07:58:22 AM »

Not saying you're wrong--you may be right--but if that is the case, the F key probably wouldn't work either.  BUT...  On these Chinese rigs.....   Grin

No stuck key, also tried the two ways to lock/unlock, even tried to take off battery for 24 hours, nothing changed, always locked. Shocked
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 06:04:31 PM »

http://tg-uv2.blogspot.com/2010/08/keyboard-lock.html

2 comments:

ams said...

This doesn't work for me. I tried to lock it by holding the F key and it did nothing. No little key appears in the right corner, but somehow I got the radio locked while messing around with it. I am not sure how I got it locked up, but it won't let me do anything now. It will let me type the F key and will toggle the F symbol, but any other key pressed results in a beep and no other activity.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    March 22, 2011 11:35 AM
ams said...

never mind. I had DW mode on, so the rest of the key pad was locked out.
    March 22, 2011 11:38 AM

NOTE - The rest of the keyboard is locked-out while in the DW mode. It'll just "beep beep" at you. if you press anything other than F+9.

Just got my UV2 today...this thing kicks ass. I ran into the accidental-DW thing too, as well as totally screwing up the RX and TX codes.  That said, after about 10 minutes of playing with it I'm finding it easier to program than my IC-2GXAT. Loving it so far...but I notice the difference between 5w (UV2) and 7w (2GXAT). 

Try it w/ a radio shack sputnik antenna (the cheap one). Believe it or not...it makes a GREAT portable setup if you don't locktite the radials. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:13:38 PM by KB1TXK » Logged

KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 06:07:03 PM »

Delete this post. This new-fangled interwebs got me all turned around!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:08:59 PM by KB1TXK » Logged

VE2MAC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 06:11:10 AM »

Hey . . . Eureka . . . dont ask me exactly what I did but all of a sudden I noticed a (WX) appeasring on the screen that wasn't there before! Looked in the manual (page Cool but a comment on one of the forum explained: Apparently pressing the "F" and then the "light" button on the side placed the radio into WX mode. When in this mode no other commands are possible. This is documented in the manual (p.24). In any event pressing "F" and the light button releases the radio. Took me an entire day to figure this out as I only had the radio a few days. Hope this helps others[/i][/i][/i]

Thanks to all that have tried to help
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: