Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Field Day  (Read 598 times)
N0UY

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2008, 10:39:15 AM »

I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Field Day this year.  We will be operating as K0QL 3A MN and enjoying every minute of it. I hope to work a lot of you on 15 and 40 cw.

cul  ray
N0UY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:28:58 AM »

This year I learned how challenging it is to setup in driving rain and 40 mph wind gusts.  There were three of us and three stations to erect.  The 40 meter ¼ wave vertical went up without much issue and performed well like usual.  Now erecting a good sized tent is difficult in normal weather conditions so I now have a profound respect for wet canvas and its ability to move a 180 pound fellow on the end of a rope.  The 135 foot end fed zepp went up without a lot of trouble but didn’t load up worth a hoot until a bunch of wire was placed on the ground below it which then made it tolerable.  Now the 500 foot horizontal loop with its five rope supports took about 2 hours to master and performed great as always.  It’s amazing to me how Art can shoot a line over just the right limb with his sling shot fishing reel combo.  This was the most enjoyable Field Day for me ever because I spent it with two of the greatest guys I’ve ever known.  Dave, W0RX and Art, K0QL.  Now who could ask for a better ham radio weekend than that.

Best Regards,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: