Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A More Broadbanded 75 Meter Dipole?  (Read 4701 times)
KB9WIS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 02:27:13 PM »

Thanks for everyone's tips..  I think we'll try the balance line method first for the elements and see if that will get us there without a tuner.  I don't like re-tuning and auto tuners don't handle legal limit too well (unless you spend a ton of cash one a very pricey on)!  I also prefer to use coax if possible, even thought it has more loss with higher SWR curves..  If I can get a 200 khz bandspread out of it, without using a tuner, me and my amp will be happy.
WY3X

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »

Not sure if you have the space- but there's always a full-size loop antenna. They're much broader-banded than a dipole, and can be fed with ladder line for very low losses. I had one in an "X" configuration, flat-top across the top and bottom, and fed at the center of the bottom. It worked very well for a number of years until I moved. I did have some wind issues at the cross-over point messing with my SWR, but a piece of PVC inserted and affixed with wire ties at that spot to keep the sides apart took care of that problem. -WY3X
NA4M

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 06:15:38 PM »

Here's another option for a broadband 80/75m dipole based on W4RNL and W6NL designs:

http://www.ctdxcc.org/n3bb/broadband_antenna/v3_document.htm
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: