Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tech License Study Material In Audio Format  (Read 1946 times)
WA9AFM

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »

Does anyone know of the Technician class license material being offered in an audio format.  W5YI has the Tech course on 4 CD’s, but we are looking at all options. We had a gentleman finish our Tech class and took the test; he missed 25 questions.  It was then he told us he was dyslexic!  This is not uncommon as many students have devised ways to overcome the disability and feel they can ‘tough it out’ through a class.  We’re hoping to find current Tech study material in an audio format to help this fellow out.  Tape, CD, Mp player, whatever.
AD7DB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »

I think the one that W5YI sells is the Gordon West package. Years ago it was on cassette tape. His theory tapes are pretty good; he reads each question, then tells you the answer, and in many cases explains briefly WHY that's the right answer. I feel that some book study, with diagrams when needed, is also highly beneficial, but for dyslexic people maybe some one-on-one with a tutor (excuse me, "Elmer") would be good, too. The tapes are not the be-all, end-all. Now the problem with studying and upgrading that way is that you will learn just what you need to know to pass the exam, but you won't have much real-world practical experience. Anyway, good luck to you.
W5RB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Technician-Class-2010-2014-Theory-Course/dp/0945053630
K2YO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »

http://www.handiham.org/node/32
Gives some good references. You may also want to pass on the www.handiham.com site as a whole. I worked with them on a couple of testing situations where they were able provide assistance to people with extra challenges.

Bernie
KG6TCJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:08:17 AM »

Ham Radio Podclass for both General and Tech by Michael Dell and John Martin Is available for FREE. I have not listened to all of the modules but the ones I did were well done. Found this for a blind ham that had let his license laps and wanted to get back in the hobby. Hope it helps.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ham-radio-podclass/id83112453

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: