Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-1000D TCXO Question  (Read 1439 times)
K0BT

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2011, 03:01:26 AM »

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a TCXO and a TCXO-1 in a FT-1000D?  I just bought a FT-1000D that is supposedly unmodified and the original box shows that it has a TCXO-1, but the label on the TCXO itself just says "TCXO" instead of "TCXO-1".  The board does look otherwise exactly like the only photo I can find of a TCXO-1.

I have searched the web for hours now trying to find a photo that shows a standard TCXO to compare with.  Rather than pull out any more hair, I hope that one of the experts on here might know the answer.

Thanks,
Bob - K0BT
K0BT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »

Edit: 5/19/11 - After finding a service manual, I learned out that the TCXO and TCXO-1 use the exact same circuit board and component values.  The only difference is the high-precision oscillator module in the metal shield.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:24:05 AM by K0BT » Logged
K0BT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »

I finally got an answer to this question from someone very knowledgeable about the FT-1000 series.

"Yaesu did not mark TCXO-1's as such, some were just marked TCXO like yours. I assure you 100% yours is the -1. You can tell because the metal can on a TCXO-1 takes up the whole outline of the square box on the circuit board below it, the plain TCXO is like 25% smaller."

Apparently, many FT-1000D units came from the factory with the TCXO-1 labeled TCXO.  A Google search turns up multiple questions about the FT-1000D TCXO modules because of this.

This topic is of limited interest to most, but I decided to update it in case someone else finds the research useful.

Bob - K0BT
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:27:59 AM by K0BT » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: