Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the best external remote atu  (Read 1166 times)
9H1FQ

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2011, 04:03:55 AM »

Hi all,

I intend to buy an external atu, as I believe that the swr, should be tamed at the antenna external  feed point, not at transceiver point.
Which is the most quoted, the best on the market for all situations - long wire, dipole, G5RV, etc etc. indeed for every situation !!

An unknown gem of the Mediterranean sea is the Island of Malta. blessed with warm sun , all year round.
In just one day, you can see places which will make you travel in history from the Prehistoric temples throu the middle ages, the Knights of Malta, all the way to world war two. All the major civ
W5DXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:52:31 AM »

I don't know which is best but I am satisfied with my old SG-230. However, low-loss transmission lines (open-wire/ladder-line) are usually just as functional as autotuners at the antenna.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:55:02 AM by W5DXP » Logged

73, Cecil, www.w5dxp.com
The purpose of an antenna tuner is to increase the current through the radiation resistance at the antenna to the maximum available magnitude resulting in a radiated power of I2(RRAD) from the antenna.
N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 07:56:42 AM »

I agree with W5DXP just run ladder line it works.   Jeff
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 06:09:53 PM »

The most common marine-mobile tuner has been the SG-230.   Boats are tough environments.   SGC suggests, if you mount the tuner outside, you put a plastic pail over it to protect it from rain.

Charles
N4HRA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 04:39:44 PM »

I have 2 SGC 239 ATU and I love them I use 1 for my G5RV Jr and the other for my eagleone vertical.

What I like is you just need 12Vdc and RF,

My 2 cents

N4HRA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: