Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TM-261 LAMPS  (Read 1964 times)
KE3AW

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »

Anyone have any ideas where I can get lamps for my TM-261?

Three of them are involved. They are noted as PL 201, PL 202, and PL 203; the Kenwood part number is B30-2158-05

The only references that I find says they are "DISCONTINUED"!

Any ideas of a cross-reference for them?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bob/KE3AW   ke3aw@arrl.net
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »

Hi Bob,

The way to find lamps that will work is to get the nominal voltage that each lamp uses, then the type of lamp (bayonet, screwbase, bipin, fuse lamp or...) and then match them up with the lamps available from a supply house such as Mouser or MCMElectronics. 

TIP:  Going to the next higher voltage lamp will result in a lamp replacement that lasts much longer with only a slight reduction in light.  --  Say you measure the voltage to the old lamp and find out it is 12V.  Replacing with the same type bulb but rated for 14V will "derate" the lamp as per the above. 

SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 06:25:46 AM »

Bob,
 Have you thought of using LED's for a replacement ? They work great and last almost forever. Use the rectangular shaped ones not the standard round ones. The rectangular ones have a wider light dispersion. You will also need to add a series resistor. I found at 12 volts a 600-800 ohm resistor works well. Radio Shack has the LED's in 2 or 3 different colors. Hope this helps. 
73 Jim. KF5HRN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: