Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TR-7400A aftermarket PCB by VE2AED question  (Read 2495 times)
NN8E

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2011, 07:06:20 AM »

All:

Picked up a 7400 recently with some other stuff and was intrigued by two additional toggle switches poking through the top cover.  Opened up the rig to find a PCB containing some TTL stuff and a couple 555's wired into the frequency selection area.  The board was clearly made for the 7400 as it had the following etched on it....  Q13C   VE2AED   TR 7400, and it fit the available space perfectly.

What is it? I don't have an email address for Howard, VE2AED to see if this is something he designed.  I connected a dummy load and freq counter, and one switch changes the displayed frequency down 300KC but transmit freq doesn't change.  Not sure what's magical about that.  The other caused goofy behavior I won't bother trying to describe.  It may be some sort of receive scanning capability.

In a perfect world, I'd love to find out what its purpose is and to acquire any documentation that might exist for it.

Thanks in advance for any insight/help!

Kelly, NN8E
NN8E

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 08:48:18 AM »

Wow, I'm surprised nobody has heard of this mod after 122 views!

Does anyone have any recent contact info for Howard Rosen, VE2AED?  I checked QRZ and have done a bunch of Googling to no avail.  I'll contact the source.

Any help appreciated.... 73, Kelly
KG6BRG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »

Hi Kelly, iv'e got a 2 meter radio with a scanning board from the same outfit. It's called aed electronics.  Contact info I have is circa 1978.  514-737-7293.
750 lucerne road, Montreal, Que.   Don't know if that helps.  Cheers.  Scott.
VE7DQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 09:31:26 PM »

Newer information:

VE2AED
Howard Barry Rosen
1701 CH DES BERGES-DU-NORD 
WENTWORTH-NORD, QC J0T 1Y0

From the rac.ca site.

Tom
W0KH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 06:31:27 PM »

I also have a Kenwood 7400a with the VE2AFD pub board.
Looks like some sort of scanning unit. It kinda works but the readout do not diply correctly.
Does anyone have any ifo on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: