Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL West Gulf Division Webinar on Antenna Zoning  (Read 1613 times)
K7KB

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2011, 07:36:02 AM »

Last night the ARRL West Gulf Division held a Webinar on Antenna Zoning. It was hosted by Director David Woolweaver, K5RAV and the main participants being ARRL General Counsel Chris Imlay, W3KD, and noted antenna zoning lawyer Fred Hopengarten, K1VR. Fred is also the author behind the book "Antenna Zoning For The Radio Amateur", which was just released in the second edition.

It was an EXTREMELY professional presentation and I can't tell you how much I appreciated all of the good information and ideas that were given during the Webinar, especially for someone who is having issues with tower/antenna zoning like myself. Great job guys!!

They will be doing more Webinars on Antenna Zoning in the future and I would HIGHLY recommend those who are having zoning issues to participate. I'm sure you will find it very helpful.

John Gager K7KB
W5ER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »

I also attended the Webinar last night, but it was the Atlantic Division's, how was the Gulf Division able to hijack it?? Wink

I may not be as intelligent as some of the other participants, but I got more info from Fred's www.AntennaZoning.com site than from the webinar.  It was almost like I was watching late night TV and an author (Fred is an author) was appearing solely to push his newly released book.  Perhaps I am being too critical or as I stated perhaps just not smart enough to comprehend all the big words that were used but I do like Fred's website...check it out.

A friend complains that the only purpose of the ARRL is to get us hams or anyone else to part with cash or plastic and purchase their books.  He calls the ARRL "The Great American Publishing Company" and has little to no respect for their deeds.  It indeed appears that a lot of their deeds do revolve around selling books, DVDs etc.

73 Ed W5ER
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »

I also attended the Webinar last night, but it was the Atlantic Division's, how was the Gulf Division able to hijack it?? Wink

Ed: All I know is that David is the West Gulf Division Director. and the ARRL site posted that it was hosted by the West Gulf Division. So if they were wrong, I suggest you take it up with the ARRL Smiley

http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-west-gulf-division-to-host-webinar-on-antenna-zoning

And I strongly disagree that it was just pushing Fred's book. If you didn't learn something about Antenna Zoning and how to go about approaching municipalities about zoning issues, then, I'm sorry, you were not listening very well. Like I mentioned earlier, I found it very helpful, especially as I continue to battle with my county on this stupid SEPA checklist requirement. Although Fred's book was mentioned a few times, I certainly didn't feel that it was the focus of the Webinar.

John K7KB
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:05:04 AM »

I signed up for the webinar, but left after the first five minutes.  I couldn't get any audio, no matter what I did and I know the problem wasn't at this end as my speakers were working fine.  I sent feedback on the problem, but never received any reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: