Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arrl SSB HF contest quick question  (Read 566 times)
EI2GLB

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2009, 05:11:33 PM »

HI all as we all know the ARRL SSB contest is next weekend and i have a quick question.

Can a non NA station (EU,AS,ECT) work another Non NA station and is it worth anything to that station.

Basically i want to try to hunt out a few DXCC's and dont want to bother the contesters too much if i am not worth anything to them.

Thanks
Trevor
K9NW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:41:16 AM »

DX, wherever it is, only works W/VE for this contest.  You may or may not get a QSO if you call other DX that's participating in the contest.
VE3CX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 04:05:40 PM »

In the ARRL DX Contest, the whole idea is for Canada/US to work everyone else.  If you are not in Canada/US, you ONLY work Canada/US stations.  There was a discussion about this on the CQ Contest reflector recently, and it is considered impolite to try and work stations in the contest for zero points.

What to do?  There are MANY, MANY contests where you can work DX and the other station will welcome you call.  CQ-WPX, CQWW, RDX, etc. to name a few.  So - this weekend is out as far as working other DX, but hang in there, there are other contests for you :-)

Tom

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: