Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WI QSO party too short?  (Read 553 times)
KD8IZZ

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »

I'm a little slow in the contests but I was still getting new counties when the time ended. I could have used a few more hours and this is one of the shortest state contests out there, and it is apparently very popular.

I didn't get a single QSO on 20m (dead) but 40 was good and 80 was wonderful. I would have liked to work on 160m but not enough time.
K9TY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 02:32:30 PM »

Hey!  Thanks for working me during the QSO Party -- uhh QSO Sprint!  It is a short event pretty much all in daylight.  I assume they are going for short propagation on 40 and 80 so WI-to-WI contacts can happen. I am also guessing that is the slant -- not so much toward others-to-WI...  Anyway, as one who goes mobile, the 7 hours is plenty!  :-D  Even though I was hoping to get in a few more counties, it pretty much ends for me when it gets dark (hard to log on paper in the dark!). My suggestion to the organizers would be to start an hour earlier so I can see my pad of paper all the way to the end! :-D  

I believe the QSO Party was longer in the past --- seems like they used to be full weekends way back when, but that gets to be too long. I think they have it about right, but as you point out, with no dark hours involved it will preclude some bands.

Well, if you want to do some 160m work (my other favorite thing to do), be sure to hit the ARRL and CQ tests in the Winter!

73, and hope to catch you on the bands again!
Dave-K9TY/moh-bile
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 09:06:11 PM »

K9TY.....

Hey, I know that call !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: