Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GULF ALPHA ANTENNAS NEVER AGAIN !BEWARE!  (Read 9213 times)
KI4LNM

Ignore
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:06:23 PM »

I PLACED AN ORDER ON FEB.5,2011 MY VISA WAS CHARGED FEB. 10,2011
I KNEW FROM THE START THAT THE PRODUCT WOULD TAKE ABOUT A MONTH
WHEN I PLACED ORDER I WAS GIVEN A DEAL PRICE SINCE ONE OF THE ANTENNAS WHICH WAS FOR 440
WAS THE OLD STYLE AND JUST ABOUT COMPLETE SINCE IT WAS OLD NEW STOCK AND THE 2METER ANTENNA HAD TO BE MADE.
COOL I GET A SET OF GREAT ANTENNAS AND A GOOD DEAL ON THE OLDER STYLE.
 WELL A MONTH PASSED AND WITH SEVERAL CALLS TO PETE AND I WAS TOLD ABIT LONGER.
AFTER TWO MORE WEEKS SEVERAL MORE CALLS AND SAD TO SAY SOME WITH ABIT OF ANGER ON MY PART.
 WELL AGIAN APRIL 5TH I CALLED AGAIN WAS TOLD NEXT WEEK.LATEST WOULD BE MONDAY I CALL AGAIN APRIL 13TH AND AT THIS TIME I WAS NOT HAPPY
PETE DID ALL HE COULD TO BE PLEASANT AND SAID THEY SHIPPED I ASKED MONDAY no TUESDAY THE 12TH OF APRIL,I WAS SO EXCITED.
I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET TRACKING NUMBER AFTER WAS TOLD NO TRACKING NUMBER COMES WITH USPS PARSEL POST MAILING BUT I SAID GIVE ME CONFIRMATION NUMBER I WAS TOLD THERE IS NONE.

AFTER AN OTHER WEEK I WAS TOLD THAT THE POST OFFICE TAKES LONG SOMETIMES I THEN RESPONDED WITH IF I DO NOT SEE THEM BY THURSDAY THE 20TH I AM DISPUTING THE CHARGES AND YOU CAN KEEP THE ANTENNAS.I WAS THEN TOLD WAIT ACOUPLE MORE DAYS,THIS WAS HE NEVER SENT THEM UNTIL
APRIL 23,2011.i REFUSED THEM AND THE USPS MARKED THE PACKAGE AND SHIPPED BACK COMPANYS EXSPENCE.I WAS THREATENED IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO
THEM OR THEY GET LOST I WILL BE SUED.
 I WAS ALSO TOLD BY PETE THAT HE STRECTHED THE TRUTH CAUSE I WAS ALWAYS CALLING LIKE AN OTHER CUSTOMER AND HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
YOU COULD OF BEEN STRIAGHT AND HONEST WITH ME SH**& HAPPENS I WOULD NOT LIKED IT BUT I WOULD OF BOUGHT THEM.
  1. YOU LIED
   2. THERE WAS CONFIRMATION NUMBER I HAVE PICTURES OF PACKAGE AND POST MARK APRIL 23,2011

"IN GOD WE TRUST ALL OTHERS EARN IT" 
I
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 07:50:12 AM »

The fact that your rambling post is in all-CAPs and the fact that you actually did receive the items just to refuse them really makes me wonder what the rest of the story is...

Vince
KI4LNM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 08:15:32 AM »

Is this better have a habit of always leaving caps on.
Yes I am mad thats saying it mildly.The antennas were to be delievered a month give or take a week or two.
I was told that were shipped finally on the 12th of April.

When I disputed the charges thru Visa 2 1/2 months later April 20th I was told I had no right cause they were shipped on the 12th.
No they were not. When they arrived which was April 30th the postman let me take pictures of the confirmation number and the postage which was dated the 23rd of April.And by the way I was told by Pete there is no confirmation for parcel post via USPS.

If you or any one else would like to discuss the matter you are free to email and I will gladly give you my phone number
This will be my last and final reply here.
ki4lnm@comcast.net

Thank All
ki4lnm
Joe
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:21:52 AM by KI4LNM » Logged
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=65620.0
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 08:55:54 AM »

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/amsat-bb/200505/msg00666.html

Just a quick Google search shows a track record in the first few results.

It is against Visa/MC/Amex/Discover rules to charge a card without shipping product. You can place a "hold" on the funds or charge a deposit but you cannot charge full price otherwise you are in violation of merchant CC rules..
WD8T

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 08:53:34 AM »

This is what heppens when someone decides to turn their hobby into a business and get in over their heads.  Do it the right way or not at all!
KI4LNM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »

Thank You N1CX

After calling Visa and talking with the manager of the company I work for I asked what their processure
was and they said they have to follow the guide lines of each CC that they accept and as of Jan.2011
a merchant can't charge until they ship.Wish I knew that before hand.Buy and learn from the mistakes
I guess.Luckily no moneys were lost this time,but a lot of headaches.

Funning I just ordered from M2,HRO and ABR and I asked they all said until they ship the items, no charges
would be aquired.Also funny two items are back ordered and no charges until they are shipped at the estimated
time.

Thanks Again
 Joe ki4lnm
W6ZKH

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »

It's nice to see I am not the only one to have problems with Pete of Gulf Alpha...  wont go into all the details, as it is water under the bridge, but after being lied to so many times from him, my last contact was met with a order cancellation initiated by him, and he refunded my monies.  I knew I should have stopped at his house last summer when I was 3 blocks away, traveling on vacation..........course, might have ended up in the 'hoosgow' for it.

John W6ZKH

WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »

a merchant can't charge until they ship.

Not necessarily true.  Note that one of the largest Internet vendors, Amazon.com, charges your card before shipment.

Also, custom made merchandise can be charged immediately if the merchant needs the funds to help make the product.

However, nine time out of ten the cards aren't charged until shipment.  I've even noticed some that aren't charged until delivery is made!

73, Bill
K4QE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 02:12:18 PM »

If HRO told you that they don't charge until they ship, they lied.

I placed my order for an ICOM IC-7410 on their website within hours after it became available for purchase.  After I placed my order, my card was immediately charged for the full price of the radio and accessories even though the radio was not going to ship for a MONTH (which wasn't explained to me until AFTER I hit the "place order" button).  In fact, the accessories didn't show up until two weeks after the radio arrived!

I didn't call them to inquire why or to cancel my order because I didn't want to lose "my place in line".  I really wanted the radio.

The experience definitely left a bad taste in my mouth with regard to dealing with them in the future.

73, Tony K4QE
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 02:44:46 AM »

Yes but remember a website is either live payment processing or manually processed. If it's live payment processing then yes it's immediate. I believe that's addressed with mail/telephone transaction business vs internet business. I think there is a difference because it's a 3rd party typically who processes the transaction.

Off topic anyway.

On to roasting antenna manufacturers  Grin
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »

I PLACED AN ORDER ON FEB.5,2011 MY VISA WAS CHARGED FEB. 10,2011
I KNEW FROM THE START THAT THE PRODUCT WOULD TAKE ABOUT A MONTH
WHEN I PLACED ORDER I WAS GIVEN A DEAL PRICE SINCE ONE OF THE ANTENNAS WHICH WAS FOR 440
WAS THE OLD STYLE AND JUST ABOUT COMPLETE SINCE IT WAS OLD NEW STOCK AND THE 2METER ANTENNA HAD TO BE MADE.
COOL I GET A SET OF GREAT ANTENNAS AND A GOOD DEAL ON THE OLDER STYLE.
 WELL A MONTH PASSED AND WITH SEVERAL CALLS TO PETE AND I WAS TOLD ABIT LONGER.
AFTER TWO MORE WEEKS SEVERAL MORE CALLS AND SAD TO SAY SOME WITH ABIT OF ANGER ON MY PART.
 WELL AGIAN APRIL 5TH I CALLED AGAIN WAS TOLD NEXT WEEK.LATEST WOULD BE MONDAY I CALL AGAIN APRIL 13TH AND AT THIS TIME I WAS NOT HAPPY
PETE DID ALL HE COULD TO BE PLEASANT AND SAID THEY SHIPPED I ASKED MONDAY no TUESDAY THE 12TH OF APRIL,I WAS SO EXCITED.
I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET TRACKING NUMBER AFTER WAS TOLD NO TRACKING NUMBER COMES WITH USPS PARSEL POST MAILING BUT I SAID GIVE ME CONFIRMATION NUMBER I WAS TOLD THERE IS NONE.

AFTER AN OTHER WEEK I WAS TOLD THAT THE POST OFFICE TAKES LONG SOMETIMES I THEN RESPONDED WITH IF I DO NOT SEE THEM BY THURSDAY THE 20TH I AM DISPUTING THE CHARGES AND YOU CAN KEEP THE ANTENNAS.I WAS THEN TOLD WAIT ACOUPLE MORE DAYS,THIS WAS HE NEVER SENT THEM UNTIL
APRIL 23,2011.i REFUSED THEM AND THE USPS MARKED THE PACKAGE AND SHIPPED BACK COMPANYS EXSPENCE.I WAS THREATENED IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO
THEM OR THEY GET LOST I WILL BE SUED.
 I WAS ALSO TOLD BY PETE THAT HE STRECTHED THE TRUTH CAUSE I WAS ALWAYS CALLING LIKE AN OTHER CUSTOMER AND HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
YOU COULD OF BEEN STRIAGHT AND HONEST WITH ME SH**& HAPPENS I WOULD NOT LIKED IT BUT I WOULD OF BOUGHT THEM.
  1. YOU LIED
   2. THERE WAS CONFIRMATION NUMBER I HAVE PICTURES OF PACKAGE AND POST MARK APRIL 23,2011

"IN GOD WE TRUST ALL OTHERS EARN IT" 
I

Proofreading before posting does wonders. And why all the caps?Huh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: