Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to HRD in need of Help  (Read 1851 times)
N4NDX

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:01:16 AM »

Hi to all
I`m new to  radio software programs, did a little research and found this one to be one of the best user friendly programs out there. I have a Yaesu FT-990 Radio connected to the computer with the required cable and so far the radio and computer software seems to communicate with each other, so far so good. From here is where I found the first obstacle my radio automatically switch to TX mode.  In the radio manual shows some codes that needs to be incorporated to the computer or software so the computer and radio can talk back and forth. How do I do this is my question.

Hope to find the help to get this going, it seems to be a great program.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 02:25:18 PM »

Yes HRD is a great program. I suggest you try in the radio connect to un-check RTS or DTR try each one at a time until you get it going. I do not have a Yaesu radio but I know if both are checked my kenwood goes into tx and stays there on mine the CTS and RTS is checked I think the Yaesu radios use only the RTS. So I would start with that one only. To get to that start HRD without the radio on. A pop-up screen will come up Saying ERROR Failed to Connect then click the OK button and the radio configuration screen will come up. On that screen make sure the DTR is not check if it is un-check it. Then try to connect again. And also make sure that it has the Yeasu FT-990 slected. Hope this helps.

Roland AH6RR
HRD user since 2004
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »

Hi to all
I`m new to  radio software programs, did a little research and found this one to be one of the best user friendly programs out there. I have a Yaesu FT-990 Radio connected to the computer with the required cable and so far the radio and computer software seems to communicate with each other, so far so good. From here is where I found the first obstacle my radio automatically switch to TX mode.  In the radio manual shows some codes that needs to be incorporated to the computer or software so the computer and radio can talk back and forth. How do I do this is my question.

Hope to find the help to get this going, it seems to be a great program.

Tell us when your Ft-950 automatically starts transmitting? I have the same setup as you do and I have never experienced what you are describing.

I simply plugged my CAT cable in the radio and into the CPU and set the Com Port, Speed and away it went.
Speed is set at 4800. Others use higher baud rates. My CPU will not talk to the radio at the higher baud rates.

CTS DTR are OFF RTS is ON.

My rig has never gone into transmit and I have been using this set up for 10 months.
N4NDX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 05:46:12 PM »

Hi Roland
That did the job, I had both DTR and RTS checked,  I unchecked the RTS and there it went like a charm.

Thanks a bunch.

David/n4ndx

PS:Now in order for the HRD log to communicate with QRZ.com log do you have to be subscribed in order for it work in conjunction?
KE3WH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:18:45 AM »

PS:Now in order for the HRD log to communicate with QRZ.com log do you have to be subscribed in order for it work in conjunction?

No, From what I hear info will be slower, and you wont get as much imported. I have noticed State and County wont be loaded for me.

First ticket 1980. Ex KA3EWT, N3DSO.
N4NDX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 03:56:06 PM »

Do you have to be subscribed to  premiun member at QRZ in order for it work in conjunction with the HRD program?

David
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 12:11:37 PM »

Aloha David,
 Been busy here so haven't had a chance to cruise the forums. You do not need a subscription to QRZ to get the info it is a little slower than with a XML subscription (I have one and is worth it). HRD will be just fine just make sure you have the Web Interface checked in the Lookup Options.

Roland AH6RR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: