Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APRSdroid  (Read 31687 times)
GRANDKODIAK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »

I have it, I love it. Much cheaper then getting the damn radio set up with all that hubbub haha.

Didn't know you could use the "AFSK speaker mode" to update... is there a list somewhere of what repeaters/frequencies etc. to transmit on to update?

Tech/General

no base station yet

Yaesu FT-7900r VHF/UHF
Cobra 29LX CB
Wouxun KG-UV6D VHF/UHF
W6MQI

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »

Update! Well one year later since first post and APRSdroid has been working flawlessly. I mainly use it on my Mt.Bike at least three times a week so my wife can keep track of my progress I give APRSdroid two thumbs up great product.

73 Dave.
KM0PT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »

First off, for anyone who does not know yet, the general freq for APRS on 2mtrs is 144.390, no tone needed.

Secondly, does anyone know if you can send messages from a phone connected using TCP, to an APRS radio on rf?  Also are position reports from a phone propagated over rf at all when the TCP connection is used?
K0JEG

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 11:35:12 AM »

First off, for anyone who does not know yet, the general freq for APRS on 2mtrs is 144.390, no tone needed.

Secondly, does anyone know if you can send messages from a phone connected using TCP, to an APRS radio on rf?  Also are position reports from a phone propagated over rf at all when the TCP connection is used?

Second question first: No, position reports sent directly to the APRS-IS servers over the Internet don't get sent over the air.

First question is a little more difficult: I think if a gateway has heard from an RF station, and the gateway is configured to allow it, you can pass text messages from the Internet to RF. I've done it with Xastir in the past. If I remember correctly, you may have to manually route it to the gateway you want, although the article below says otherwise...

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/deleted:aprs-messenging-explained
AG6EB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »

I tried the audio-via-speaker thing just to see what would happen, just holding the phone speaker up to the ht with the ptt button pressed, and was shocked to see it actually work fine. Smiley
VK4FR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 02:39:23 AM »

G'day all,
    Hoping someone can help me out a bit.
I have been using APRSdroid for quite a while now. I started with the free version and was very happy with it. When the paid version came out I noticed it would only broadcast the initial position report and that would be it.

So, I paid for the full version and it was working flawlessly for the past 12 months(ish). Recently it has been doing the same thing.

I can't for the life of me work out what has changed! I have uninstalled and reinstalled over again.

I'm using a HTC Desire on 2.2 through the Telstra network in VK, no updates for well over 12 months.
I can't see where to add anything for the paid version?

Very happy to walk through/confirm settings with anyone who may be able to provide a solution.

Cheers
Chris
VK4FR
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: