Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APRSdroid  (Read 30709 times)
W6MQI

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »

Anybody had any luck with this app? I recently downloaded the app received my APRS-IS passcode and entered it into the app. Everything seem to work just fine the first time I used it, but now the app won't updated anymore I get my first report sent out for my first position and that's it no more. I'm using a local server, minimum update time set to 1 minute,  minimum distance set to 0 miles this thing should be updating every minute and nothing! Support for the app seems to be nonexistent haven't had one email replied to so far, I find APRSdroid a waste of money completely worthless.

73 Dave
KC8IUR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »

If you want to talk to the author directly, subscribe to the TAPR APRSSIG email list.
N0DSN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 05:55:39 PM »

Dave

I use aprs on my droid and have noticed that if I don't update my roaming capabilities once a week that the aprs app has an issue pushing the data to send. Just my experience. That is the only issue I have found using it.

Dustin
N0DSN
W6MQI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:30 PM »

I'll give it a try Dustin.
 To update roaming capabilities dial *228

Dave
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:06:22 PM by W6MQI » Logged
W6MQI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:39:46 PM »

Dustin
 Thanks that did the trick all is ok now, I need to remember this trick apparently it's a good idea to update your phones roaming capabilities once a month using *228 I'm already seeing better signal strength here at the house. One way to check your latest roaming capabilities is to press menu>about phone>software information>PRL number which might be 50000 or more. Before updating check the PRL number then update and check again it should have a higher number.

73 Dave
N0DSN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 04:53:18 PM »

Dave
Glad to hear that worked for you. Thank you for the info on the phone setting as well.
I will have to remember to look at that. I also notice the difference in signal strength after updating.

Dustin
N0DSN
N5VEI

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 06:53:02 AM »

I bought APRSDroid and still have not received the APRS-IS password yet that it requires.  Anyone have any advice on this?  I tried to hunt this down on the net, but I found no contact info.
N5VEI
N0DSN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 05:03:07 AM »

Bill
I just played the waiting game on the email to arrive. I did learn to make note of the passcode though. I had to get a replacement Droid and did not write the passcode down and had to wait again. Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

Dustin
N0DSN
N5VEI

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 07:56:25 AM »

I got it after scouring for the email.  They emailed it to me... so far so good, but still not sure on how good the program is.
AD7C

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 10:44:56 AM »

Been using APRSdroid for over a month now on my HTC EVO 4G and love it.  Has a few glitches but nothing I really worry about.  With the "AFSK Speaker" mode I am able to acoustically couple my mobile 2meter rig and the phone to update when I am waaaay out of cell range but in repeater range.  I do find it takes some time, once in a while, to get the GPS coords but that just may be my phone.

I did have to search in the 'spam' folder in yahoo for my APRS-IS password.  Got it back in about 2 days.

FYI: Acoustically couple = 'Hold the cell-phone speaker up to microphone and key'

Rich
KE7SAK

LA5RT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »

Hi.
Ive used aprsdroid for some weeks now, using my cellular phone. (LA5RT-10) and watching all kind of stations (AIS,maritime traffic too)
and their trackings on www.aprs.fi.

After some minutes (10-20) my connection to the network is lost. Donno what thats about.
But Im going on 2m soon so no fuzz about the cellular.

73 de LA5RT
N5NA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 08:45:26 AM »

I've been using APRSdroid for a couple of days.  Seems to work real well.  I used my arrl.net email address when requesting my passcode and received it instantly.  However, my two sons requested codes and the next day they were requested to send a copy of their licenses.  Hopefully their codes will arrive today.
W5LZ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 09:30:01 AM »

I've had APRSdroid for some time now, I've never received a password.  Nothing after several emails.  This isn't the first time I've been 'stung', but it will be the last for 'APRSdroid'.  "Dirty shirt" time...
 - Paul
WG8Z

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »

Paul how do you figure you got STUNG?  APRSdroid is free to download from the developers website, you only have to pay if you get it from the market.
The passcode is not unique to his software but to your callsign and is required to access any of the APRS servers using any of the many available APRS softwares..
I loaded APRSdroid a year ago and used my existing passcode and was up and running in less than 5 minutes.
N0JY

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »

Heaven forbid we would want to support the author by paying a few bucks!   Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: