Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can CI-V on 706MK11G go bad?  (Read 1345 times)
KA4FOX

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2011, 04:16:23 AM »

I've been doing PSK31 using Ham Radio Deluxe on my 706 MK11G for about two years, no problems. About 3 weeks ago I moved my radio about a foot on my desk without disconnecting anything, and my computer lost touch with the radio.  It has never reconnected. I replaced the prodigy-type USB CI-V cable; have re-installed HRD; have reset the ICOM; have played with the port settings about a zillion times.  Rig and computer have same baud rate; address is set to 58H; computer says port is working fine; but the computer cannot get the frequency from the radio and connect. I even tried connecting with TRX but no luck there either.

As I recall, the first time I set this up it only took about a minute and worked correctly.

Any thoughts?  I would hate to replace this otherwise FB radio just for this function, but I do like PSK31 and HRD.

Thanks,

Steve
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:26:26 AM by KA4FOX » Logged
KB0ASQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 06:09:36 AM »

Try to delete the driver for the CI-V Cable and reinstall.  But yes it is electronic so the port could go bad.

Allen KBØASQ
http://kb0asq.com
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 06:10:30 AM »

And maybe try a CPU reset on the rig.
KA4FOX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »

Well I tried suggestions to no avail.  Finally I scrounged up another PC from my pile Pile of Obsolete Stuff (POS) and replaced the PC I had been using.  Installed HRD-5 and DM-780 and a com port CI-V cable, and everything came up and worked fine.

As I only use a PC for HRD and QRZ.com, no big deal swapping in another PC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: