Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman allergic to electricity..  (Read 2068 times)
KE4JOY

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »

and electromagnetic fields...

Glad she is not my neighbor  Cheesy

Frankly I find this a little hard to believe aside from the fact it is found in the Telegraph.

Quote from: The Telegraph
Meet the woman allergic to electricity

A British woman cannot use an electric kettle, keeps her washing machine in a concrete outhouse and cannot have neighbours with wireless internet because she is allergic to electricity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/8520405/Meet-the-woman-allergic-to-electricity.html
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »

Quite believable.  I know women who are allergic to hunting, fishing, ham radio, outdoor antennas, beer, sex, and a whole host of other allergies. 

I know of one poor soul who was married to a woman with ALL of these allergies.  I'm sure his life was similar to the guy married to the woman with the "electric" allergy.
KE3WH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:21:49 AM »

I wonder if they tried treating the symptoms long before making her do all that she is doing now.
This ailment could be of use if she chose to put it to work.

First ticket 1980. Ex KA3EWT, N3DSO.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 10:32:14 AM »

She could be used for an EMF detector..... her wails of anguish used as a signal strength indicator....

You know this really isn't funny..........
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:46:02 AM »

Sounds as if she has a capacitor for a head .... two plates (erh I mean ears) and a air gap between!!

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »

I wonder if they have done any double-blind experiments with her, to determine what is actually going on.

I mean, the average person, sitting in a room, is awash in electrical signals from many sources, including cosmic rays, lightning, and the earth's magnetic field.

73 de Jim, N2EY
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 12:07:47 PM »

The same thing happen to me when disco came out, now its spongebob  Grin kg4ymc
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »

an EFM detector? MFJ   could market her, she already  has a few screws lose . Ok thats two someone else turn....kg4ymc 
G8HQP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »

I didn't know that Kos has no electricity yet. And she managed to find a plane with no radio or radar, and travelled from an airport where none of the staff have walkie-talkies! Double-blind testing would be interesting.
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 04:36:36 PM »

ok, maybe it is real, all kidding , what about static electricity?f , if not electric house ,static could give her a fit ? kg4y,mc  she cannot wear wool,or walk on a carpet and touch a doorknob?
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 04:58:23 PM »

Too much Iron in the blood from cooking with cast iron? (would steel have the same effect?)

Could switch to aluminum but would then have to worry about Alzheimers/teflon gas poisoning from overheating.
Dunno about copper..... Smiley
KB0OXD

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »

You guys think a woman being allergic to electricity is weird, I once heard a story somewhere (I'm thinking it was on Nightline but I'm not sure on that) about a boy who was allergic to EVERYTHING !!!!!   Shocked

I mean this kid has to live IN A TENT & has to go to school WEARING A HAZMAT SUIT !!!!!

Poor kid.....

Cheers & 73 Cheesy

Pat Cook, KB0OXD
Englewood, CO
WEBSITE | TWITTER ME | LIVE STREAMING WEBCAM

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER HAMS WITH LIVE STREAMING WEBCAMS

--

You actually HIT the repeater??  NO WONDER THE THING IS ALWAYS DOWN WHENEVER I WANNA USE IT!!!  Ohh...I get it now.  When you say you Hit the repeater, you mean you are Talking To Other Hams Through It !!!  *DOH!*

Pat Cook, KB0OXD
Englewood, CO
WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | APRS TRACKER
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 11:12:59 PM »

You guys think a woman being allergic to electricity is weird, I once heard a story somewhere (I'm thinking it was on Nightline but I'm not sure on that) about a boy who was allergic to EVERYTHING !!!!!   Shocked

I mean this kid has to live IN A TENT & has to go to school WEARING A HAZMAT SUIT !!!!!

Poor kid.....

Cheers & 73 Cheesy

Pat Cook, KB0OXD
Englewood, CO
WEBSITE | TWITTER ME | LIVE STREAMING WEBCAM

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER HAMS WITH LIVE STREAMING WEBCAMS

--

You actually HIT the repeater??  NO WONDER THE THING IS ALWAYS DOWN WHENEVER I WANNA USE IT!!!  Ohh...I get it now.  When you say you Hit the repeater, you mean you are Talking To Other Hams Through It !!!  *DOH!*

I think that was covered in a movie
"The Boy in the plastic bubble" 1976 starring John Travolta
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:14:50 PM by KD8DEY » Logged
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 04:01:38 PM »

I wonder if they have done any double-blind experiments with her, to determine what is actually going on.

I mean, the average person, sitting in a room, is awash in electrical signals from many sources, including cosmic rays, lightning, and the earth's magnetic field.

73 de Jim, N2EY

There was an interesting story about a cellular tower that was supposedly causing the local people all sorts of issues. They went before the town planning commission to complain. The commission shelved the complaint until they could do further research on the effects.

The following month a GIGANTIC crowd of people showed up, all complaining about the problem. The original group said that the problem was much worse now. They were suffering from migraines, nausea, rashes and their hair was falling out. Then it was revealed that the cellular company had the site completely shut down for the previous month. No power to the equipment at all.

It did not do a damn thing to settle the issue. The people began to complain of a conspiracy, delayed effects and other potential sources of RF energy.

Wanna read something funny? Here is a report that I just happened to have open from a Russian institute about the long term effects of RF (very high levels) on people.

http://d1fj3024k72gdx.cloudfront.net/NikitinaV.pdf

--------
I had to chuckle at the "allergic to beer, sex, etc.." comment. To be discreet, if it was not for certain battery powered appliances some form of self gratification might be.... more challenging for us women <lol>. It would be horrible to be allergic to the amount of power in a few C cell batteries <g>.

I do not care too much for fishing (unless it is with dynamite), hunting (unless it is two legged prey) or beer (having done CPR on someone and had them throw up a load of beer in my mouth <no-kidding>). The other activities and pursuits are just fine by me.

Tisha
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:08:22 PM by AA4HA » Logged

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 04:18:19 AM »

In cases like this, the usual cause is in the head of the "afflicted" person.  In other words, if they think they're adversely affected by certain things, they will show symptoms whenever they THINK they're around those things.  Don't get me wrong--some of those cases are quite real, but the majority of them are just as someone else said-- "A few screws loose."
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: