Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What part of bandwidth don't YOU understand?  (Read 5494 times)
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »

Yup, blame the no coders. Its always their fault right? No coders and newer hams never do anything right, right???
Heres a quarter go pi** and moan to someone who cares!!!

Honestly, I didn't notice an inferrance to no-coders or implications thereof.  I think you may be a bit overly sensitive for some reason.  What the poster states is a common problem on HF.  Yes, there are lot of lesser experienced ops out there for sure, some came from no-code and some are just plain lacking the time and experience.  I believe the poster is just posting his frustration.  I hear it and experience it also. 

So, sorry you feel "profiled" by the poster...but honestly, it is a long standing problem on the bands...a general lack of courtesy by a minority of the ops out there...
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 04:29:41 PM »

Yup, blame the no coders. Its always their fault right? No coders and newer hams never do anything right, right???
Heres a quarter go pi** and moan to someone who cares!!!

Honestly, I didn't notice an inference to no-coders or implications thereof.  I think you may be a bit overly sensitive for some reason.  What the poster states is a common problem on HF.  Yes, there are lot of lesser experienced ops out there for sure, some came from no-code and some are just plain lacking the time and experience.  I believe the poster is just posting his frustration.  I hear it and experience it also. 

So, sorry you feel "profiled" by the poster...but honestly, it is a long standing problem on the bands...a general lack of courtesy by a minority of the ops out there...

I agree. The OP even used tactful language.
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »

60 METERS,  my mistake , sorry /kg4ymc
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 09:39:18 PM »

60m. sorry I stand corrected, seems like having trouble with  interference from  radar , woodpecker  sounds kg4ymc
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 04:53:42 AM »

What I don't understand is exactly what, in this context, is meant by bandwidth?

Bandwidth of a transmission can be defined by the necessary bandwidth, the occupied bandwidth, the 99% bandwidth, the bandwidth between the edges of the onset of the spurious domain, etc, and they'll all have different answers.

Then again, a receiver can have a filter with a bandwidth specified down to the -120dB points, but it dosn't mean the receiver will have 120dB of rejection from a signal at that offset, because of phase noise.

So you have to define what you mean by bandwidth......
KC2UGV

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 07:19:21 AM »

I've always thought ham radio was a hobby someting to have as something to have fun with and not get all bent out of shape about. I guess if one doesnt like what he/she hears one can always just shut off the radio and walk away! I dont let the crap and bad ops stress me out.

Because ham radio is srs bsns.  Srsly.
K1WJ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »

On SSB I always try to seperate by 3khz minimum if I can. 73 K1WJ David  Cool
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 01:11:18 AM »

I"M curious,would he also be complaining about the 30 meter band, ? it is the one with channels? I don't have a radio for it .HOW is that working out? yea, channnels is a great idea, worked for cb didn't it ? what planet are you on?  My radio is almost 30 years old, and have to problem with slectivity if someone is operating ok , I also have a filter between my ears called a brain, and  a good listener shouln't have a problem with some splatter, I am sure my ten watts splatters all over the band, get real ...  I'll conceed some foreign stations can splatter a lot , but like they say, don't stress out, turn the dial, chill out , regroup or read e ham for a laugh .   by the way, looked on the internet, they still sell geritol, take a swig and chill out ha ha . kg4ymc

LMAO! This is exactly why the hobby is the way it is. Talking and not knowing what their talking about. Learn your band plan chart as you should!

Where I agree bottom line is no NET OWNS A FREQUENCY WHICH QUESTIONS "WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?"

There's absolutely no way if one station in a group doesnt hear a well set up station others in a group can't. Especially on 40 meters and I know from a good reasonable stand point you know what I'm talking about. So there's no reason for a group or NET QSO session should begin within some ones 3KHz band pass knowing damn well if signal is weak signals can become stronger in sec.

Sure! Narrow your filters too 2KHz wide but.....almost "no" transceiver is gonna take out a station 1-2 KHz away. Not gonna happen and why should you? Under extreme circumstances things happen, but should not be imposed on anyone.

Problem is just as someone said before. Maybe they dont hear that station, but I know that many many times people hear them weak but still move within 3KHz in their pass band. Now take your own advise but reverse it.

Just because you hear a station weak enough and able to tweak them out your pass band "does not" mean your not weak to them. HELLOOOOO!

This guy W1IT has a valid complaint, but clearly some people don't know how to operate their  station in a considerate manner or understand basic functionality knowledge let alone read a band plan.

N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 06:14:46 AM »

On SSB I always try to separate by 3kHz minimum if I can. 73 K1WJ David  Cool

I commend you and anyone that at least tries ,but quite many today don't even try. Then again if a guy like KZ8O finds you then there's no fixing his 8-10 KHz spurious transmissions. You'll know it when you hear him and don't bother talking to him because you'll get nothing but a tirade of profanity.

Unbelievable!

73!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:19:25 AM by N2RRA » Logged
WX4QN

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 06:23:28 AM »

I commend you and anyone that at least tries ,but quite many today don't even try. Then again if a guy like KZ8O finds you then there's no fixing his 8-10 KHz spurious transmissions. You'll know it when you hear him and don't bother talking to him because you'll get nothing but a tirade of profanity.

Unbelievable!

73!

You are really obsessed with KZ8O.

Is he your daddy?
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 06:57:06 AM »

Unbelievable!

73!

Is he your daddy?

Talk about obsession! Are you following me?

Maybe KZ8O is your boyfriend the way you defend him all the time. You guys have to be gay! Are you gay? It's ok I'm not prejudice or nothing. You can tell us!

There's no denying that he transmits 8-10 KHz wide or it's just plain spurious. Either way anyone who hears him will know. Proof is in his signal!
WX4QN

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 07:07:45 AM »

Unbelievable!

73!

Is he your daddy?

Your obsessive post was the first post of the day on the MISC forum so I read your drivel before I remembered who you are.

Don't worry, there is a little IGNORE icon under your screen name on the page that I am going to click just as soon as I hit the "POST" button.

That means that I'll never see another one of your vitriolic rants.

Goodbye.

N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »

Unbelievable!

73!

Is he your daddy?

Your obsessive post was the first post of the day on the MISC forum so I read your drivel before I remembered who you are.

Don't worry, there is a little IGNORE icon under your screen name on the page that I am going to click just as soon as I hit the "POST" button.

That means that I'll never see another one of your vitriolic rants.

Goodbye.

Guess I hit the nail on the head!

I would love nothing more than for you to hit that "Ignore button". Stay out of my business and I'd do the same.
W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 12:20:43 AM »

Prius driving eham thugs. SRSLY Roll Eyes
K7GLM

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »

Because ham radio is srs bsns.  Srsly.

QFT.  ROTFLMAO!
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: