About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAYPAL  (Read 6454 times)
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 03:04:30 PM »

Just in the news this morning, VISA is going to offer "direct person to person" payments to compete with Paypal.....I would LOVE to see a reputable company put Paypal out of business once and for all.

Yeah Paypal and Ebay wont allow that to happen!!! It will be a cold day in heck when they allow any other method other than Paypal to be used. I have had customers pay me with a money order but it has to be done "under the table" or Ebay will suspend my account.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 04:21:41 PM »

I quit dealing with Ebay and PayPal about five years ago.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 06:15:55 PM »

hi

Paypal started back in March 2000 and had no connection to Ebay
until Ebay acquired them for 1.5 Billion dollars in October 2002.

Prior to the this Paypal was averaging 200,000+ transactions on Ebay.

I use a dedicated savings account at the credit union for paypal,
best part is the bank will not allow any debits to the account,
only deposits.

Lots of stuff going on with online payment systems,
mistakes do happen.

I've never had any problems with ebay or paypal.

73 james
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »

Just a question. Does anyone know another auction site that could be used insted of EBay? I think Amazon has one, but I think it is for commercial sellers.

73s
K2OWK
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »

There are other auction sites around, but I find the best deal on the Internet is Craigslist.  Not only is there no charges, but you end up dealing with the people face to face.  That way, there is no qusetions, and if something goes wrong, you can usually get it resolved with little hassle. 
WY3X

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 07:04:21 PM »

If you don't use PayPal, you're going to have difficulty using eBay. eBay requires you to accept PayPal in order to sell (smacks of an FTC lawsuit waiting to happen) and many sellers will not sell to you if you can't use the "pay immediately with PayPal" option. I prefer a personal check to any e-payment form, and just don't ship until the buyer's check clears my bank with no recourse (about a week). Most people don't have problems with that, and if they do, I tell them to send me a money order instead (Wal-Mart money orders are less than a buck) and I cash 'em at Wally World immediately on arrival. eBay won't let you post an ad that mentions other methods of payment besides a merchant credit card account and PayPal. Just try to post an ad saying "U.S. Postal Service money order ONLY" and see how long it is before your ad gets pulled!

73, -WY3X
K0PD

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »

A few months ago i bought a item on e bay and after i recieved it i got a e mail from the seller stating Pay Pal an E bay were holding the funds until i gave a positive rating. I liked that as the money was still there if i had been unsatisfied and wanted my money back..
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 08:00:55 AM »

A few months ago i bought a item on e bay and after i recieved it i got a e mail from the seller stating Pay Pal an E bay were holding the funds until i gave a positive rating. I liked that as the money was still there if i had been unsatisfied and wanted my money back..

Can somebody translate this for me?

Wink

Bill
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 01:59:09 AM »

The end is near Bill  Grin

Wink

Bill
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »

C'mon guys. It's not perfect english but we get the general jist!

Fred EI4GMB

'You can never plan the future by the past'

'Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.'

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »

Wink

Bill
In other words, the seller could not get his money until the buyer left positive feedback.  Unless you're registered, insured, simonized, and a power seller, you'll not collect your money until the buyer leaves positive feedback or until 21 days have gone by, whichever occurs first. 
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 05:14:51 PM »

In other words, the seller could not get his money until the buyer left positive feedback.  Unless you're registered, insured, simonized, and a power seller, you'll not collect your money until the buyer leaves positive feedback or until 21 days have gone by, whichever occurs first.  

So we have gone full circle with this topic and can declare this thread officially OVER, FINISHED, TOAST.

THIS IS THE REASON why the original poster has not received his money.

So good night everybody!  Thank you for coming!  God bless!  You've been a wonderful audience!  Thank you!  You're too kind!  Thank you!  Good night!  Take care!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:17:08 PM by WA8MEA » Logged
N4JTE

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 04:37:09 PM »

Yep I will be here all week, don't forget to try the veal!! Rimshot!
Ntie all.
Bob
K7AAT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »

There are other auction sites around, but I find the best deal on the Internet is Craigslist.  Not only is there no charges, but you end up dealing with the people face to face.  That way, there is no questions, and if something goes wrong, you can usually get it resolved with little hassle. 

Ha Ha,.  that's funny.  In the area I live there's a guy running around selling stuff on Craigslist and when the buyer shows up to purchase and pick up the item he robbed them at gun point.   Kinda hard to do on PayPal.

Ed   K7AAT
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 05:04:43 AM »

Yeah, and what happened after the guy was reported to the police?  I doubt that that happened more than once or twice.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: