About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAYPAL  (Read 6503 times)
N8DV

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 06:06:13 AM »

You would think with all the negative information on PayPal from soooo many users and former users that they would get their act together and cleanup heir reputation. But I guess P.T Barnum was right in his statement "...a sucker is born every minute." Or the I like is "a fool and his money is soon parted."  Caveat emptor always! 73
KG0MN

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 01:28:14 PM »

I have used Paypal for over 60 transaction selling computer part and accessories and about that many selling ham radio gear and accessories and I have never had a bit of a problem with them. They have saved my hind end more than once when I was making a trade with someone and tired to pull a fast one on me.  I registered a complaint with Paypal and within a few days the matter was resolved.

I will only deal through Paypal unless I know the person personally.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 12:30:57 PM »

I have used Paypal for over 60 transaction selling computer part and accessories and about that many selling ham radio gear and accessories and I have never had a bit of a problem with them. They have saved my hind end more than once when I was making a trade with someone and tired to pull a fast one on me.  I registered a complaint with Paypal and within a few days the matter was resolved.

I will only deal through Paypal unless I know the person personally.

And thats how it goes. When things are good..they are good. But when things go bad....wow.

WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 04:10:11 PM »

I have used Paypal for over 60 transaction selling computer part and accessories and about that many selling ham radio gear and accessories and I have never had a bit of a problem with them. They have saved my hind end more than once when I was making a trade with someone and tired to pull a fast one on me.  I registered a complaint with Paypal and within a few days the matter was resolved.

I have to second his emotion.

I even have the PayPal debit Mastercard attached to my account.  No overdraft fees if my account accidentally goes in the negative on a purchase.  Can't say that about bank or CU debit cards!

HOWEVER, my son attempted to apply for a debit card attached to his account and PayPal suddenly wanted all types of verification.  I told him to just close the account since they shouldn't be requiring SS card photocopies.  Then they froze his money and we had to go to the BBB to file a compliant to get it refunded.  He started over with the process, and has not had an issue since.

Not sure, but evidently some type of "flags" must trigger certain responses out of PayPal.

73, Bill
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: