Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: books on RDF/Fox hunt?  (Read 26546 times)
KC8OYE

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2011, 04:50:16 PM »

I ordered the book from ARRL on radio-orienteering.. and it was pretty lousy.. it went into great detail about the rules and how the competitions work.. but really didn't get into the nuts and bolts of how RDF'ing works.. techniques.. equipment.. etc..

have you got any suggestions?  I've won a few local fox hunts over the years but the people who used to organize them are no longer around, so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can to start them up again.. would like to have some material to help with the explanations Smiley
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »

The "T-Hunt Bible" (at least in English) is called Transmitter Hunting:  Radio Direction Finding Simplified by
Joe Moell K0OV and Tom Curlee WB6UZZ.  (Copyright 1987 by TAB books.)  You can find a link from Joe's web
site at HomingIn.com along with a lot of other articles, references and extensive links.

It is somewhat dated, as it doesn't cover Offset Attenuators or GPS-assisted computerized plotting, etc.,
but covers a lot of the principles and many construction articles, and you'll also find a list of Joe's articles in
various magazines over the years that discuss them.  (I know Joe has been considering writing a new book or
two, I haven't heard anything serious enough to suggest you wait for them.)
KC8OYE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »

thanks for the reply!! I'll look into that.
N0BOF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:46:34 AM »

kc8oye,

I have the above mentioned book and it's in great shape. They get $25 plus s/h on the website. I'll sell it for $10 + $5 shipping.
Let me know at bfritz125@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: