The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KZ8O - Silent Key  (Read 2853 times)
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 07:20:54 PM »

I've spoken to Mike a few times. He was always respectable to me.
Ya always get what you give. I'm sorry to hear he's passed. I've listened to his 'antics' for years.

The profanity you heard was probably from the notorious nutcase, VE7KFM. Why he is still alive and breathing alludes me.....

Anyone heard anything about WW4D?

ron
N4UE

VE7KFM benefits from Canada's EXTREMELY lax enforcement of that country's amateur radio laws. Apparently the Canadian Parliament farmed out responsibility for amateur radio to something called "Industry Canada". Industry Canada then essentially recused itself from enforcing Canadian ham radio law. Apparently there are few hams left in Canada, and amateur radio has been left to die on the vine. If not for the insistence of American hams that the FCC not neglect amateur radio, the same would be happening here.
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 05:19:36 AM »

Regarding WW4D, he passed away I have been told.  Don't know him either, but that is the scuttebutt...
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »

While reading about these hams who have passed and their notorious legacies, I can't help but wonder how/why these behaviors were the some of the last things they did on earth.  Seems like such a waste of a person's twilight years.
KI4THX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 11:41:03 AM »

well, think of it this way.

So many of you are bland regular run-of-the-mill people. Boring and snoring with nothing of much interest or controversy to say. You blend in and conform. When you die, there will be a nice short obituary  describing yourself and that will pretty much be it......forever.

Others....who push the envelope, get much more attention and respect.....Stepping out and causing a stir takes much more balls than just fitting in. Of course there will always be the same ol' boring haters....hating themselves mostly, as time will soon forget them much sooner than those who dared.

life in a nutshell, OM.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »

Eh, I don't know if I agree with most of that.....but maybe the basic premise is sound.

I remember words from a commander years ago.... "It's always better to have character than to be a character."

WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »

Zed killed their thread

WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God.

Doing good is like picking fresh blackberries - if it doesn't sting a little sometimes, you're doing something wrong.

R.I.P. Dan Huettl, God Bless
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 04:10:50 PM »

Zed killed their thread

...and that would surprise you why?

Yeah...not really surprised.
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 09:18:54 PM »

Yup, no surprises there

WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God.

Doing good is like picking fresh blackberries - if it doesn't sting a little sometimes, you're doing something wrong.

R.I.P. Dan Huettl, God Bless
N5IT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2017, 03:57:06 PM »

Sorry to here of Mike's passing.  Although I never met him in person, I did have some nice QSOs with him.  He may have been rough around the edges at times and abrubt with those that gave him QRM, but I'd be willing to bet that his family would tell you that he was a good-hearted kind man.  That is the side of Mike that I knew.  RIP Mike.

Dave Pollard, N5IT
N1FM

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 11:54:34 AM »

Speaking of the mentally ill op in Canada, I heard the fool repeatedly mention that Mikey 'cheated' the FCC out of their money. This (as usual) is a blatant lie. Despite 13 meaningless warnings and a $22,000 forfeiture order, Mikey was never found in violation of federal regulations by any judicial authority whatsoever. No FCC administrative law judge, no federal district court judge, no judicial process, whatsoever. The fact that he may have been contacted by employees of the FCC about various complaints, has less meaning and importance than the average speeding ticket. In fact, the US Attorney, at the Department of Justice, completely rejected all of the FCC's allegations against Big Mike. Opinions about Mike vary, but the fact is, Mike was never found in violation of federal regulations by any duly authorized judicial authority.

http://imgur.com/a/Yg8XO
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 12:03:28 PM »

One has to consider the source of that blatant mis information from the nut job in Canada, who, BTW from what I have heard around the bands, takes full credit for the NALs being issues to start with.  Whatever.  The facts are the facts, we saw the posting of the NAL notice and we have seen nothing more about it.  So, whatever happens, happened, etc., is OBE (Overcome by events) now....time to move on....
W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 04:52:03 PM »

We were doing a demo for JOTA (Jamboree on the air) and had an HF station running.  The kids who showed up were fairly young; grade-school age.  We had not been underway for very long before some lowlife got on the air and started calling the scouts all kinds of detestable names - and the kids' mothers were right there hearing it.  I don't know who was being the jerk that day; I was outside doing a Morse code demonstration at the time.

Took the air out of our sails.  Didn't try any further HF stuff after that.  Shame, too, because we made a lot real nice DX contacts with Scouts in Europe and Asia - via Skype.

That was not Mike. That was another put up job by VE7KFM, who has been attacking other hams and using graphic profanity for over 15 years. I would suggest contacting Industry Canada, but since they do not do their job it would be a waste of time. You definitely do not want any children on anywhere near where VE7KFM is transmitting.
W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2017, 04:59:18 PM »

Zed killed their thread

I guess the ten lids over there did not like it. Grin
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: