Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WB2JKJ a scam that Never ENDS  (Read 25721 times)
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 04:58:16 PM »

I bought a TS-820S from him. He advertised it as in beautiful condition without a spec of dust on it. The only problem was that the digital frequency display was intermittent. It came with the special dust cover, the listing said.

If you recall those rigs had both the older type mechanical frequency display and also newer type of digital display. It was a crossover rig.

The radio arrived without the dust cover. There was a small dent on the edge of the front panel. The digital display wasn't intermittent, it never worked at all. When turning the main tuning dial the mechanical frequency counter did not increment either. The tuning capacitor was not being turned due to a problem with the complicated train of gears used in this rig - a job for a watch maker and way beyond what I could get into. In fact the radio hissed but never picked up a single station because it was stuck on one frequency.

Joey refused to take it back even though he had been given the rig in the first place and had not disclosed the major problem with the radio. I paid top price for an advertised superb radio. I contacted Paypal and asked for a reduction in price as the rig was not worth much in it's condition. I would rather have sent the radio back completely.I got an e-mail from Joey saying that I would be getting a refund on part of my purchase price but he was only toying with me because that same day I got an e-mail from Paypal rejecting my request for a part refund.  After that I received a succession of taunting, threatening and abusive e-mails from Joey. I read one of the e-mails to other hams who seemed to think that he was somewhat unhinged. I certainly wouldn't want him near any of my children. A thoroughly unpleasant character.

Mark N1UK

WY3X

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 06:06:01 PM »

I met the guy once upon a time. He was a "featured guest" at our hamfest, invited by our club president, also a teacher. He reminded me of a town drunk who passed away a number of years ago- used to stand out in the highway and direct imaginary traffic. The drunk had been something 50~60 years prior- a military aviator of some importance, having flown Pacific missions in WWII. Heck of a nice guy, but one day his life went downhill. We found the guy dead in his home one day about 15 years ago (I worked for the local fire department), he had been there for a number of days. Even his own son (when we located him), refused to come and claim the body. This catbird used to come by the fire department and drink coffee with us and talk about the old days. Sometimes he'd take a stick with string on the end, tie it to the handle of a cup of coffee, and pull the coffee off and onto the floor. Other times, he'd bring a photo album and show us the most amazing photos. Yep- Joe reminds me of that guy.... He must have really been something back in the day, but not really "all there" today. It happens to some of the best of us when we age beyond our prime. I wish him the best- he was something 20 years ago.

73, -WY3X
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »

hi

I remember reading that the station was no longer
active at JHS 22.

I got an older CDE rotor and control box from him on Ebay
and it worked and price was right.

A few years ago I made an info request from IRS on the charity
and four months later I got a letter that nothing has been filed.

Depending on how much money you raise then you have to file
paperwork.

The Charity shows up on IRS website,
search NY for THE RADIO CLUB OF JHS 22

73 james
W0RSB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 04:55:04 PM »

Try for yourself.....http://www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/

He shows up in a search for folks who file "Form 990-N (e-Postcard) Information"
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »

Ive heard of his scams for 20 plus years and tired of it. I personally have a ham bud that was very good friend of his and knew of his B.S. Scam in the name and sake of children. Anyone who does such a thing is nothing but a piece of.....

Over all the years I'm sure we've had discussions about why we don't hear enough kids involved in ham radio any longer. With all the donations being made to these supposed school Ham Radio programs why aren't we hearing more schools active in ham radio if they were being supplied all his donations?

If you listen to his nets In the mornings ,or when ever they take place i can't help wondering the reason for all the yelling and obnoxious behavior. Thought I was listening to some teen joker on a microphone and this guy is on our educational system. He's a freaking joke!

Let me not forget that after some years I had unfortunately run into him on 2m ssb. The issue was he was trying to bring his obnoxious rag chew on a call frequency. By Gentlemen Band Plan Agreements and proper operating procedure especially due to the fact it was on such a stringent room for lack of poor operating procedures I asked kindly would he please move about 5 KHz plus or minus so we can listen for any weak signal calls. This was too difficult for him and he turned into this spoiled nasty little obnoxious adolescent self. Oh well! Lost all respect after that!

As for all his little followers that feel the need to follow in his foot steps maybe because it makes them feel cool and a part of his charade. I hope they wake up some day and stop feeding into his game because it's become a crying shame.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:01:21 PM by N2RRA » Logged
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 10:40:27 AM »

I never understoof how JKJ could sell equipment manuals for profit when the bulk are copy righted.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 05:02:06 PM »

Good question!
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 10:41:18 AM »

Donations I have seen to schools usually are to get them a station or station equipment so they can form a radio club...didn't know they set up show to re-sell "donated" equipment to make money...didn't know they were like Goodwill Stores....

KI4AX

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 09:53:20 AM »

I have always advocated donating equipment for school clubs as a way to get kids interested in Amateur Radio, but I would never advocate a scam. There is always a "bad apple" in the bunch. I'm unemployed and hit hard by the recession and I could really use a more modern HF rig and some all mode Vhf and Uhf stuff but, I would never resort to scamming. Sometimes I think this is why some people are poor...because they are too honest; I think I suffer from this also.

Its too bad that the rules for Amateur Radio do not include something to cover ethics.

I would be more than happy accept any equipment donations for needy ham operators, and pass anything beyond one rig for my station on to high schools, boy scouts, girl scouts and any other youth club or organization that I can get interested in ham radio. My son is a Rotary member and they have connections to all kinds of youth organizations etc. Perhaps we could get them involved in some capacity?

Perhaps other ham operators, fortunate enough to have more equipment than they know what to do with and the means to purchase even more equipment than they know what to do with, should do this very thing....donate some station equipment to some youth groups and high schools for club stations in your area. If you want to get young people involved and interested in ham radio this would be a way to do it. Just be careful that you stipulate that the stuff is to be donated somewhere else if it is not needed or used. Otherwise the stuff will wind up on eBay. I would never do that but I'm sure others would.

Just some thoughts.....

Dan KI4AX
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »

I'm sorry Dan but this is not the right time or forum for you to be soliciting for you donations to kids and schools charity. I for one would have to donate myself rather than give to you to donate.

Plus! The equipment should never wind up on EBay period!

Just my thoughts!
KI4AX

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 04:46:29 PM »

I don't really expect anyone to donate to me anyway... but hey, if they want to send it I guess I would take it. I guarantee the stuff would be put to better use than what WB2JKJ is doing with it. I agree with your comment about the stuff should not be showing up on eBay but unfortunately that is the way things are going these days. I was appalled to see stuff that was donated to the local library and museum show up on eBay but that's what they do with extra, surplus and unwanted items. I guess they use the proceeds to subsidise their operating budgets.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 07:24:57 AM »

Agreed Dan!

Can't see anything go to waste but there are other clubs that may have young Hams and elderly that may be financially unfortunate that may need the equipment. There are many out there and the way you find out if they fit this category is through the community that knows.

Now if someone wants to justify selling off equipment to subsidize cost that's what tax credit is for.

So instead of selling it off look to the community for help in finding these people and double check through multiple references so that no one individual will keep secret their manipulative intentions if any. Everyone will know if that's the case. That's one way of isolating the wicked!

Maybe catalog each equipment donated so that the person its donated to can contact the donate'er with a......thank you.

Just some suggestions and if I have anything I'll keep you in mind if you update your donation process. Other than that if an organization is reluctant to possibly incorporate a better system than maybe they have now then they may have negative WB2JKJ intentions!

That's it! A new term for a crooked, manipulative, thieving in kids names organization will now be known as the.......

WB2JKJ SYNDROME!!!!!!
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 04:13:36 PM »

..and I suppose if you buy a rig for an inflated price on Ebay and you find out that it is a piece of junk then you have been WB2JKL'ed
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »

I bought a TS-820S from him. He advertised it as in beautiful condition without a spec of dust on it. The only problem was that the digital frequency display was intermittent. It came with the special dust cover, the listing said.

If you recall those rigs had both the older type mechanical frequency display and also newer type of digital display. It was a crossover rig.

The radio arrived without the dust cover. There was a small dent on the edge of the front panel. The digital display wasn't intermittent, it never worked at all. When turning the main tuning dial the mechanical frequency counter did not increment either. The tuning capacitor was not being turned due to a problem with the complicated train of gears used in this rig - a job for a watch maker and way beyond what I could get into. In fact the radio hissed but never picked up a single station because it was stuck on one frequency.

Joey refused to take it back even though he had been given the rig in the first place and had not disclosed the major problem with the radio. I paid top price for an advertised superb radio. I contacted Paypal and asked for a reduction in price as the rig was not worth much in it's condition. I would rather have sent the radio back completely.I got an e-mail from Joey saying that I would be getting a refund on part of my purchase price but he was only toying with me because that same day I got an e-mail from Paypal rejecting my request for a part refund.  After that I received a succession of taunting, threatening and abusive e-mails from Joey. I read one of the e-mails to other hams who seemed to think that he was somewhat unhinged. I certainly wouldn't want him near any of my children. A thoroughly unpleasant character.

Mark N1UK

LOL! I'd say If you've been screwed or anyone else like that by him you've been WB2JKJ'ed.

What a scumbag he is!!!!
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 08:21:11 AM »

Back in 1997, he got the Special Achievement Award at Dayton.

I don't know what for, though.....
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: