Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WB2JKJ a scam that Never ENDS  (Read 29674 times)
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2014, 09:45:38 AM »

One of my purchases from this guy a few years back turned out to have been sent to the wrong buyer - and that buyer's radio was shipped with an empty vodka bottle in the box.

Recently, my friend Jan was the recipient of a "mint" radio which arrived in bad shape as the result of a poor packing job.

Joe should be attending Dayton, if anyone wants to stop by and say hi to him.
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2014, 12:38:29 AM »

One of my purchases from this guy a few years back turned out to have been sent to the wrong buyer - and that buyer's radio was shipped with an empty vodka bottle in the box.

Recently, my friend Jan was the recipient of a "mint" radio which arrived in bad shape as the result of a poor packing job.

Joe should be attending Dayton, if anyone wants to stop by and say hi to him.

We can all meet him at the Heathkit booth eh?

My view on this is that most charities are some kind of scam.  People like to give to charity in order to inflate their egos.
KU7PDX

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2014, 11:28:50 AM »

Well, just by chance I happened to purchase a NUE-PSK Digital Modem from Joe via eBay. The auction ended last Friday evening and I paid immediately - that night I received an email from Joe stating it would be shipped USPS. To my surprise, I received an email Saturday stating that it was on its way and I received the box this morning - exactly as described and packaged extremely well. From a seller perspective, he seems to be legit and I don't hesitate to give him a positive review.

With that said, I can't honestly say I would make a donation to his organization. No info on GuideStar or the New York Secretary of State business database is an immediate red-flag if one expects to make a "tax-deductable" donation. Frequently though, businesses will act as a broker between a donor and charity - like when I donated my car to the state humane society - my car was picked up and auctioned by a towing company, then the cash was given to the humane society and I then received a tax deduction letter from the humane society for the auction price. Joe's operation could be extremely similar to this type of operation.

Chris - KU7PDX
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »

Always be cautious of any business that doesn`t use or have a physical street address. For quite some time a well respected photography magazine was advertising an online store from NY city. This ad had no street address. They would advertise a low price,too good to be true. People would place orders from them,only to be told sorry,that price is no longer offered. The complaints came by the dozen. Anyone calling their number were simply put on hold,that is if they could get though on the phone. The gov`t actually put some of these places out of business. Also beware of any business run from NY city. Unless they have a good reputation. It`s time we all started sending WB2JKJ a "donation" of an emty box with a brick in it. Then maybe he`d get the messege.
N7BMW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2014, 03:44:47 PM »

It`s time we all started sending WB2JKJ a "donation" of an emty box with a brick in it. Then maybe he`d get the messege.

You really want to spend the money to send bricks?  Send something dead and stinky.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2014, 04:40:02 PM »

Wonder if ARRL could get more info about his charity, he is an advertiser in QST.
WA9UAA

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2014, 07:35:40 AM »

Wonder if ARRL could get more info about his charity, he is an advertiser in QST.

THIS! ^^^^ Used to be, the ARRL vetted their advertisers fairly well. I'd like to see more of that. 73, Rob
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2014, 08:53:36 AM »

Why is anyone wasting time with this WB2JKJ character?, if you are fortunate enough to have ham gear to donate please consider donating or selling your gear and either way let the cash proceeds from such go to a local organization such as the Salvation Army, local food pantry or other where it will do the most good for the most amount of people and not to some niche hobbyist group. Only the delusional within our hobby think they are special when it comes to others truly in need.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: