Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extreme weather VS Propagation  (Read 686 times)
N4JTE

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2011, 09:55:10 PM »

Having suffered thru a totally dead 40 meter band this weekend at most times of the day up here in NY, I wondered if it was possible that the horrendus weather in MO could affect propagation. Stations were saying how great the upper bands were during the same time period.
You gotta figure that a 60 thousand mile high tornado has some effect on the f layer etc with all the electrical energy but I have no clue, be interested if anyone has some insights.
Bob
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:50:44 AM »

Also Bob, the SFI is only 82 today and in the 80s all week. At this time of the solar cycle the nimber should be going up much higher.Good question, hope someone can give a good answer here.
Hope things get better. 73 Jim W5JJG
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »

N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »

frounts only efect 2 mtrs and 6mtrs,and 10 a bit...not the hf bands to say...sfi is realy low,and i hope going up soon...with the summer coming on we will be getting some spord-E and hopfully some F-2...73s from Missouri de n0zna/John
N4JTE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »

I base the question on the fact that a 1000 watt station I have heard 99% at local 6pm from Va, was totally unreadable the day after that tornado. Highly unusual after many years of this schedule being so consistant, had to be something besides sfi and sunspots which were non existant during much of the previous years and all seasons with reliable contact.
who knows, hi
Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: