Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help reassembling PWRgate PG40S  (Read 2106 times)
KC2ELS

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2011, 11:08:57 PM »

One of the Anderson PowerPole connectors on my WMR PWRgate was loose so I took it apart and fixed it.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to put it back together.  Specifically, there's no obvious access to where the nuts and lower spacers are connected.  If posting photos will help you folks help me, just ask.  Thanks!

Jack.
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:30:30 AM »

With a bit of googleing you'll find http://www.andersonpower.com/products/standard-powerpole.html where you can download the assembly instructions. You also might just ask the manufacturer if these are not sufficient.
KC2ELS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:30:54 AM »

I may not have been clear.  Putting together the connectors is easy.  Reassembling the actual PWRgate unit looks impossible. :-)

Perhaps my fingers are too big, but there isn't enough room for me to stick the spacers and nuts on the bolts.

I will be contacting West Mountain Radio to order another device as well as to request instructions at this rate -- I just thought someone here might know how to do it.  I picked "Mods and Repairs" because that's where folks who like to take stuff apart (and unlike me, hopefully put it back together!) seem to congregate.

Anyone else?
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 07:10:27 AM »

Needle-nose pliers, hemostats, sometimes a wee dab of silicone grease to hold things in place until you can get the nut started, use of gravity by turning the piece such that it is threads up and sleeves down, in very difficult situations a single drop of Elmer's Casein wood or paper glue can hold a sleeve onto a threaded shaft long enough to permit assembly.  The Elmer's glue is easy to break again if ever needed, and is also water soluble. 

Don't count on the mfr being ale to supply you with step-by-step assembly instructions, although you may get lucky and get in contact with one of their techs who is feeling helpful at the time, but step-by-step assembly instruction would come under the heading of "kit" which is user assembled.  That type of stuff costs the company money to produce and they may not be able to provide such. 

If one is patient and sticks with it, doesn't get frustrated and force things, but patiently figures out a method to Git-R-Done, they will Git-R-Done. 

KC2ELS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »

I was fortunate enough to receive some very useful documentation this morning from WMR, and frankly without it I would have had to buy another device because there's no way in the world I would have guessed how to put it back together.

For example: it turns out at least one part is soldered to the board *after* it is screwed to the heatsink, which makes sense now that I see the directions, but differed from my expectation that the board was fully assembled first and then screwed into the heatsink.

I should be able to make it happen this week, which means I will have saved $140 by fixing a $0.50 part.  Go me!

Jack.
CE2JLB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 08:18:55 AM »

Help !!!

Hi friends

I need only resistor value R040 and R080 or schematic diagram for buy replacement
Thanks
Joel
 Cry
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ce2jlb/13427583663/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: