Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 13 Colonies Special Event - K2L South Carolina Stations  (Read 9679 times)
KG4RUL

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »

ORIGINAL 13 COLONIES
INDEPENDENCE WEEK
SPECIAL EVENT
July 1st-5th 2011

The 4th of July, 2011 lands on a Monday, which means that you can work us starting Friday through Tuesday. Due to popular demand, we will run the event all 5 days like in 2010. Times will be: 12:01 AM Eastern start on July 1st, (That's one minute after midnight, early Friday morning, July 1st) to 11:59 PM Eastern ending on July 5th (One minute to midnight, late Tuesday night, July 5th).

http://www.13colonies.info/

GUARANTEED at least two S.E. stations per colony state. Also included - Super contest stations, multi-operator Club stations & OM & XYL teams.

Three stations (possibly four) will operate using the K2L Special Event Call  from South Carolina as part of this event.  Two (possibly three) stations operating on voice and one on Digital modes.

http://www.13colonies.info/SC13Col.htm

If you contact one of us, please spot us.

QSL to KG4RUL for all SC contacts (good on QRZ).

NOTE: One contact with a SC Colonies state is sufficient for credit for that state. Additional contacts on other bands or with the other state stations will not get you any more credit. Please limit yourselves to one contact per state, so that others may have a chance.

This will give the stations with "no gain" antenna's, stations working 100W, QRP/Mobiles and DX a chance to get all "13" too! We are out to have some fun this 4th of July week, and will try to appease everyone.

We thank you for your consideration in advance..

Dennis KG4RUL
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 10:56:26 AM »

Had a lot of fun working all 13 states last year. Looking forward to it again, thanks.
KC3JV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 07:15:32 AM »

You can get a special Liberty Bell endorsement for if you work "WM3PEN" there will be at least two of us using that call sign at anyone time.

Mark KC3JV
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 11:14:58 AM »

WM3PEN etal:  http://www.13colonies.info/OtherEvents.htm
KA4AQM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 04:36:59 AM »

Have had a blast so far, but some of the colony stations have been very elusive,,,managed to work 11 of the 13 on first day...got number 12 on second day....but K2E is the rabbit I've been chasing...but I'm waiting...wasn't there supposed to be @ least 2 stations form every state?  Is there a strike in DELAWARE? Grin
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »

Have had a blast so far, but some of the colony stations have been very elusive,,,managed to work 11 of the 13 on first day...got number 12 on second day....but K2E is the rabbit I've been chasing...but I'm waiting...wasn't there supposed to be @ least 2 stations form every state?  Is there a strike in DELAWARE? Grin

Just nabbed K2E on 14.058 MHz at 20:00 Z (7/3/2011).
Worked k2E SSB on day one.

GL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: