Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best setting for SoundBlaste 24 bit external?  (Read 887 times)
K7NHB

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »

I have moved my computer up to Win 7 and am setting up digital modes after a few years off. I have an external SoundBlaster 24 bit and Creative Labs has Win 7 drivers for it.

Should I plug it in and let Win 7 find what it wants with its Win7 magic or should I install the CreativeLabs Drivers

As I look at the various software I have - CWGet for example, it appears set to default of 11025 sample rate. Would I still use this default or is there better setting for this 24 bit card?

Or would the built in sound card on an HP elite 8100 be better?

I have an earlier external box - a plain "soundblaster" I believe that was much simpler - the ins/outs were clearer, no external volume control to mess with, etc. Like my old 24 bit external, it is end of life too, but it doesn't have Win7 64 bit drivers.

Thank you and 73,
Paul
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 06:09:26 AM »

Let WIN7 try.  Almost everything I have installed on my three WIN7 computers has gone without a hitch.
K7NHB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 09:43:15 AM »

Thank you - I'll let Win7 try and use CreativeLabs if that doesn't work.

Any advice on that sampling rate?

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: