Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thumping car stereo killer  (Read 10941 times)
KF5LCG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 04:52:09 PM »

Whether you know it or even care, some of those stereo systems cost more than your ham gear. Karma sometimes has a really nasty way of evening things up......
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »

What does Karma have to do with anything. If you can get rid of thoes idiots from our streets and neighborhoods, go for it and give it all you can. I think Karma in this type of situation with be forgiven. I could care less how much they spent on thoes boom boxes, get rid of them or blow them up what ever you can do.
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 05:50:42 PM »

Years ago before i got my lic i ran a hr2510 on ssb only and a homemade 4 transister amp.I noticed everyday the inercity school bus kids giving me the look when i was talking.And the boomer with there thumping radios would turn them down.I didnt give a rats butt what they thoght,i was a full time police officer.hehe.I made them turn it down,now i look diffrently at it,no on second thoght...i dont.73s
KC2KMJ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »

Even more annoying is the loud mufflers all these little VW and Hondas are running.  I love waking up 2:30AM when my neighbor's kid comes home. Almost every night.  It's a quality of life issue and something needs to be done about it. Sure, the PD has SPL meters but do they carry and/or actually know how to use them? No.  Some type of law has to be enacted. I used to ride a motorcycle and I know about the "loud pipes saves lives" and if they go after the kids with the mufflers they'll pro'lly go after the bikers next. Guess what? I'm OK with that. The noise level in typical suburbia has been increasing and it's time something is done about it.
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:57 AM »

My old neibor use to get home from the bar at 2am everynight and his loud truck use to wake us up.I started mowing at sun up everyday,he came out the  3rd day and asked why i was up that hour mowingi told him he work everyone up at 2am with his loud pipes...he killed the motor at the top of hill and coasted in his driveway,that was great for a couple of days.Hes in jail now,4th dwi...hehe
N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 07:15:42 AM »

My old neibor use to get home from the bar at 2am everynight and his loud truck use to wake us up.I started mowing at sun up everyday,he came out the  3rd day and asked why i was up that hour mowingi told him he work everyone up at 2am with his loud pipes...he killed the motor at the top of hill and coasted in his driveway,that was great for a couple of days.Hes in jail now,4th dwi...hehe

Some stories do indeed have a happy ending.

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
ND9B

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »

My 2 meter rig killed my MP3 player.  Sad  I was listening to the player with earbuds, keyed the mic and that's all she wrote. And , no, a reset did not fix it. It was a hardware failure. So maybe legal limit on 2M?

Bobby Dipole ND9B
KF7QGA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 01:05:58 PM »

I live next to a busy intersection.  Window rattling, yeah... I know it well.  It's not just the illegality of it that stops me from figuring out how to smoke those radios.  It's portable medical devices.  I can't stand the thought of hurting someone, even if they're loud.

So while I have fantasized about killing stereos at a distance, at 2am when the windows are rattling, a fantasy is all it'll ever be.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:09:14 PM by KF7QGA » Logged
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 09:25:46 AM »

I was driving down the FDR highway through Manhatten one day when running 2m SSB. I kept hearing feed back coming through my speakers. It was a hot day and AC was on. I realized that the feed back was coming from the PA speaker of a volunteer EMS. It was loud enough for me to hear it with my windows up. The whole city could hear it!

It's possible to come through that guys blareing speaker system with the right power, antenna and frequency. Just gotta experiment and log various frequencys that worked prior and go through them the next time someones a nuisance.

73!
N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 04:02:03 PM »

I was driving down the FDR highway through Manhatten one day when running 2m SSB. I kept hearing feed back coming through my speakers. It was a hot day and AC was on. I realized that the feed back was coming from the PA speaker of a volunteer EMS. It was loud enough for me to hear it with my windows up. The whole city could hear it!

It's possible to come through that guys blareing speaker system with the right power, antenna and frequency. Just gotta experiment and log various frequencys that worked prior and go through them the next time someones a nuisance.

73!

Have to try various modes to find the right one for this use. AM would probably be best as it is likely simple rectification detection that is taking place in the thumper. One could have a lot of fun with this!

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »

try 6 mtrs. am/fm/ssb....100wt or more should do,hehe...find a rci2950 and get a good mbl amp and try 10 or 12 mtrs...29200am might get it...hehe,73s keep me posted...73s
WY3X

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 06:52:06 PM »

I've tried 100 watts SSB on 6M and 10M, did not think to try AM. Will try that next time it happens. I think my FT-100D will do 40 watts AM carrier. I don't have an amp, but maybe it's time to invest in one of those RM Italy CB amps just for this purpose. Thanks for the tip! -WY3X
W2IBC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 08:50:23 AM »

just need a nice EMP gun.

take the sterio,amp and the car out in one hit.

or catch them with the crap running in a parking lot. stun gun i probe on antenna other car body. light it up. amp and sterio dies

I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »

This only works if they are listening to the radio, CD or MP3 defeats it's usefulness.

Years ago they marketed a device known as Mr. Microphone.  Was sub-milliwatt output on the FM band.  It was also tunable!  A member of the Ham radio club I was in at that time (the Famous DARA) had cobbled together a couple of watt amp and fed the amp with a Mr Microphone.  While at the light, and next to the thumper, he'd tune until he captured the station the thumper was listening to.  And then tell them to "turn that s4!t down".  Funny.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »

They cheapest way to deal with this situation is to wait for the light to turn green, and then slowly push the pedal on the right.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: