Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RTTY Contest Logging Software  (Read 2738 times)
KC3EF

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:34:24 AM »

I am looking for recommendations for logging program for RTTY Contests.  Also what is best RTTY program to use.

73's KC3EF
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:13:10 PM »

I use MMTTY for encoding/decoding.
And, N1MM for logging.

They are both shareware (free) and work very well.

There is also a way to integrate the two programs to do automatic logging from MMTTY, but to date I have not messed with integrating them. I use them stand-alone.

Google will give you links to both programs.
AA8LL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 06:08:26 PM »

I like Writelog with MMTTY and a MicroHam Digikeyer.  Be sure to see AA5AU's RTTY tutorial:

http://www.rttycontesting.com/
K4FX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 12:15:58 AM »

I like the N1MM and MMTTY combo, I have looked at the other options and I can't see changing, even if they all were freeware, one major contender has less contests overall than the rtty contest supported in N1MM. One other popular program uses different program modules for each contest, and even at that trouble and expense, the author doesn't cover 1/4 of the contest covered in N1MM

As far as using the MMTTY engine in N1MM, that's really easy and it's the only way to fly, just click Config/Configure ports, Telnet Address, Other, and click the Digital Tab, put the path to MMTTY in the window at the bottom by typing or browse to it with the button (default is c:\Program Files\MMTTY\MMTTY.exe) and under TU type select "soundcard" then select FSK or AFSK in the checkboxes provided and that's about it, pretty straighforward like everything in the program, then while the rig is in the rtty mode simply click Window/Digital Window and you will have instant rtty. You'll have 24 macro buttons to configure, the ones in MMTTY won't be there,  but it's lots more "contest friendly" you can save the macros and reload them as needed, I have all the major contests accumulated over the years so it's a simple matter of clicking the desired file and loading it. MMTTY has an OK logger built in, I used it for a long time, but the N1MM logger on RTTY is head and shoulders above it! In that one program you are closer to the "action" with nice things like the band maps, realtime totals, and live online scoring, and lot's more.

K4FX
5R8GQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 10:17:43 PM »

I like WriteLOG for Windows and use a HAL DXP38.
When I go to print the labels and combine contest logs for a master log, I use LOG EQF....for no particular reason other than I am used to it and like it.
K7QXG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »

I had been using Write Log for RTTY contests for several years.However, in the past year the instability of the program caused me to lose 3 complete logs! Hundreds of QSOs! First was WAE RTTY in 2008.  Near the end of the contest the program would no longer "save", and then quit entirely.  Next was the 7QP event. After 14 of the 18 hour contest period, it began ignoring dupes.  Then suddenly quit.  I could not open the contest log with the QSOs! Today was the last straw...WAE 2009 RTTY contest.  I had to turn off the computer for an hour.  Write Log would not restart when I tried to open the WAE 2009 RTTY log.  After spending 2 hours trying to access the contacts, I gave up.  Of interest, the Back Up files for all these only contained a few QSOs, even though I had "Saved" the log repeatedly in all three contests.  So, I quickly obtained the NN1 logger and configured it with RTTY.  It means a new learning curve, but I like what I see.  So, out with Write Log and in with the new kid on the block.  I can't stand to lose several hundred more QSOs.  BTW, I used Write Log on two good computers, and the problem occurred on both.  Both were running XP.

Bob, K7QXG
A ham for 48 years
K7QXG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 06:30:37 PM »

My previous post should have read N1MM logger.  Sorry about that.

Bob
OLDFART13

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 05:49:45 AM »

MMTTY and WriteLog is the best combination for the serious contester.

73, Steve
G8UBJ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 07:51:30 AM »

N1MM with the MMTTY engine is the olny way to go for the serious contester.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: