The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I use omnirig?  (Read 3570 times)
M0SDB

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2016, 07:48:38 AM »

My setup-an Elad FDM Duo and a Kenwood 480SAT together with an Elad ASW1 antenna switch.

Software Elad's SDR software and CommCat. Both radios are playing nicely with CommCat individually but I want to cross control them so if I click on the Duo's waterfall it will tune the 480 also.

My understanding is that omnirig will let me do this but I can't find any user guides etc to help me set it all up.

Will omnirig do this and if so how do I go about setting it up. If it won't what can I use instead. Note I'm really not keen on HRD being a massive fan of CommCat.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but you to not know why.
Quite often these two things happen together; nothing works and you do not know why - Arihato
K0EKL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:30:19 AM »

OmniRig is essentially a serial port sharing utility. It allows multiple pieces of software  (Logging programs, software for RTTY, PSK31, rotator control, etc.) to interact with a transceiver for CAT control but it only only works with applications specifically designed to use OmniRig. Also, OmniRig only supports certain transceivers.

According the Omnirig website, it is compatible with your Kenwood 480SAT. The website also mentions being compatible with the Elad Elad-FDMSW2.

There is a discussion group on Yahoo dedicated to OmniRig and it's author's other software products. I suggest you take your question there:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dxatlas_group/info

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: