Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FRG-7 Fine Tune  (Read 930 times)
R75

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:57:06 PM »

Hello,

I just picked up an older Yaesu FRG-7 without the fine tune control, but would like to add it. Has any one added  this or would have someone have the original capacitor in the box of parts and willing to sell?? I am looking for detailed information or the capacitor .

Thanks!!

Mike
M5AEO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »

Hello Mike

I have owned several FRG7s over the last 25 years and to be honest the fine-tune modification is not really worth doing, certainly not the way Yaesu implemented it.
It was a far too coarse an adjustment which added little to operating convenience.

If I were you, I would keep my original FRG7 as it is: you have one of the first ever models of this classic receiver, and to maintain it in it's original version would preserve its value far more than drilling a hole in it!

Enjoy the radio!

Jonathan, M5AEO.
KG6BRG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »

If you join the yahoo group for this receiver they have some detailed info on this install in the file section. Mine came with the fine control and I think it's a good addition for SSB receiving.  Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: