The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug CW, no club exists, seems we need one?  (Read 2099 times)
VK5EEE

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2016, 12:45:36 AM »

I'm not sure a traditional "club" as such is needed, but hey, I'm craving for more REAL CW QSOs with various fists, whether they are using a bug or can simply copy all manner of bug CW at any speed, and respond on a straight key. Yes, I also love electronic keyer CW but every day I crave for more and more bug CW, at least, being able to send it and listen to bug CW and those wonderful sloppy maritime mobile pump fists.

I think we need a meeting place.

We can keep spinning our dials and calling out our wonderfully imperfect CQs and find each other that way, but perhaps we could put together some activity periods, frequencies. I'd suggest unused parts of the SSB bands frankly since even in the band plans these are shared with CW and it'd be rather unmistakable and easy to find another real CW signal there, without all the DCW junk around. The only other noises would be the usual jammers who try to QRM what they cannot understand, but we know how to filter them out in our brains don't we.

There are many good CW clubs, and over the years I have joined a few. But none of them actually cater to BUG CW exclusively. Maybe its time to bring bug CW operators together? We do have Wednesday night bug CW night here in VK, on 40m, recently started up and proving popular already, perhaps we can have some ideas on world wide bug CW activity?

Any total bug CW lover who doesn't want to post here on the forum, check my www.qrz.com/db/VK5EEE and contact me by Email and I'll share some links that may interest you, as a starting point.

This thread, please, ONLY for bug CW users, if you don't like bug CW, or don't use it, you don't need to comment here, start a thread AGAINST BUG CW or whatever :-)  73, 77, ZUT!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:10:58 AM by VK5EEE » Logged

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 01:45:53 AM »

That's a good idea for a contest of sorts. In the U.S. we have "straight key night" twice a year so how about a bug contest?
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 03:11:45 AM »

That's a good idea for a contest of sorts. In the U.S. we have "straight key night" twice a year so how about a bug contest?
Sounds great to me, any ideas?

WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 01:46:47 PM »

The WA7BNM Perpetual Contest Calendar lists many CW contests. It looks like a clubs sponsor contests and they get listed. Maybe one of the CW clubs would be interested. Or maybe someone (you?) can start an international bug club. I'll join. And speaking of bugs last week I bought an old Hi-Mound bug.

http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/perpetualcal.php
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 05:53:28 PM »

The WA7BNM Perpetual Contest Calendar lists many CW contests. It looks like a clubs sponsor contests and they get listed. Maybe one of the CW clubs would be interested. Or maybe someone (you?) can start an international bug club. I'll join. And speaking of bugs last week I bought an old Hi-Mound bug.

http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/perpetualcal.php
There is this that I've joined and is only a few days old, its not a bug club as such, but perhaps it could sponsor some event eventually, also I belong to FISTS, UFT, RCWC, HSC and SKCC so perhaps we can put forward some idea to them too, if we come up with the details of it... meanwhile see if you are also willing to be listed QTT if agreeing the principles.

I'm not sure if I'd be interested in a contest as such, personally I think I'd prefer some kind of meeting for bug QSO, even longer chat, or at minimum a "rubber stamp" QSO exchanging RST, QTH, name, power, antenna and some information about the key being used?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: