Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardly used ft100d + atas 100 that does not work. What would be the going price?  (Read 1060 times)
VE7TFW

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:46:58 PM »

I have a yeasu ft100d + face extension kit + atas 100 that does not work. I also have what is
like a ops bag. The radio fits nice and tight in the bag "looks pretty cool".

I have hardly used it at all in the Eight or nine years since owning it. It has sat in the box in the closet for years now.

What would be the selling rate for this radio? I am up here in Vancouver BC.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 05:06:54 AM »

What 'doesn't work'?  Just the ATAS 100?  Or the whole thing?  If the whole thing, can you say 'spare parts'?  Because all it is worth is the price of spare parts.  Sorry, but nobody can supply an amount without knowing particulars.
AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 01:44:04 AM »

The extension kits are a hard to find but much in demand item. You might be able to get as much as $100 for it. If the radio cosmetics are mint or nearly so but is totally dead, you might get $200 for the main unit. There is a large user base with beat up control heads and mics that would like to get spare parts. It's a good rig if you take care of it. If you have the optional AM or or 300Hz CW filter, you might be able to get as much as $100 for each of those.

But really, you should try to narrow down what doesn't work as it might be repairable. Does it even power up?
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »

I have a yeasu ft100d + face extension kit + atas 100 that does not work. I also have what is
like a ops bag. The radio fits nice and tight in the bag "looks pretty cool".

I have hardly used it at all in the Eight or nine years since owning it. It has sat in the box in the closet for years now.

What would be the selling rate for this radio? I am up here in Vancouver BC.

If the radio itself is working and in good condx as you state, you should be able to get between $350 and $500 depending on how bad someone wants it. Box, manuals and paperwork will add to the deal. These sell on eBAY at this price range almost daily. As far as the remote kit, has it been installed or still fractory fresh in the box? Maybe an additional $50-$75. The ATAS-100, if I read the ad correct is defunct. Could be a easy fix or a dog. If you have no clue, throw it in to sweeten the pkg deal otherwise sell is as is for parts for whatever you can get offered. Ops bag  ... no idea??

Don't let the ICOM 706 guys tell you the FT-100D is worthless. A much better radio that the 706 in my opinion. Got 2 of them and there great.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: