Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discrimination ?  (Read 3360 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 09:18:32 AM »

Paul,

I thonk you irritate people by posting the same question on several different forums. So people don't reply because they assume that someone else on another forum will.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »

I'm not trying to start one, not by any means, but it looks like you're spoiling for a fight.  Your attitude, shown on this thread, may well be the reason that people are avoiding you.  Try calming down and discussing things rationally.  People tried to answer you, and you took offense to almost every one of the answers--they you 'slammed the door', so to speak, by saying your through here.

As someone else said, it also could be that your call isn't recognized by a lot of people as a legitimate call.  Another thing that I can see right off the top is the incompleteness of your profile and its basic information.  People have to go to the call sign lookup to get your full name, for example.

Some people on the internet just don't care who is out there and whether or not they have a thin skin--as you seem to have.  They'll speak their minds and insult others--and they don't really care that they're doing so.  Then they'll complain mightily when people either tell them to shut the heck up!  Or the other people will just ignore them.  Could it be that that is what your attitude on the forums is showing others--and THAT is why you're not getting much in the way of answers?  Try stepping back and looking at your postings as someone else looking at what you are saying--or showing someone else what you're writing.  You may be surprised at the answer you get!  

Call it discrimination if you will, but the plain truth of it is that most people don't want to get into pissing matches on the 'net.  73!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:34:44 AM by K1CJS » Logged
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 02:43:08 PM »

I have never dodged a dx station after i call cq...dont know of anyone around me doing it also...I am here and many other forums...wow...sorry if you think that way.73s de JW
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 01:07:41 AM »

Hello Paul,

Perhaps you are feeling the difference in cultures which express themselves in diverse ways.
For example, your comment about the british admiral reveals a sensitivity to the way other people may express themselves.
I, for example, when speaking with US or UK hams find them forthright in their views and most do not mind expressing controversial views even in a public forum such as on the ham bands. I don't mean being vulgar or profane, but rather just being forthright.
But when speaking to hams in some countries, their cultures are such that before expressing an opinion which may offend some people, they will repress the comment. So a forthright comment may be deemed prejudicial.

I would also be hesitant to use the term prejudice as in most cases this indicates a victim attitude.
A victim attitude means that your problems are caused by others, so you have no control of the solution.
In my opinion, this is a path to impotence for taking charge of your own life, so paradoxically it is a path to being downtrodden.

Rather than see discrimination and prejudice as the primary reason for taking offense, perhaps you should evaluate whether you are letting a social or cultural norm colour your opinion.

Let me also say that you should not concern yourself what other people think of you, since you cannot do anything about their opinions anyway. So, I would just laugh off any criticism and realise that the internet is not a nice place for anyone.

We are all created in the image of God, so there is no excuse for feeling inferior.

73s
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 06:27:32 AM »

To be frankly honest with you, you post something with no details, so no one understands remotely what you are referring to, and then stomp your feet and leave.  So be it.  If you have something factual to share, and what feedback, then by all means, provide some details otherwise, no one could possibly take you seriously.

At this point, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT and therefore, cannot offer opinion, guidance, recommendations, etc.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 07:26:13 PM »

If I'm following this right:

You asked a question on another website
1 out of 2 people answered you
One of the moderators said something to irritate you
Therefore most UK and US hams are prejudiced against you?

I doubt they ignore you because of your country. They probably see the callsign and assume the conversation isn't going to be very enjoyable.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: