Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DSP FILTERS & OP IN FT450D  (Read 2361 times)
W0XI

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »

Smiley Hi Guys. Just purchased an FT450D; like it. As will all commercial gear and some ham-generated kits, the manual always falls short for those of us who want to know "how that works in more detail!" I haven't seen any detailed technical reviews out yet. Does anyone here have have more detail on the filters than what the manual servers up? 73. Phil, W0XI, Lawrence, KS.
WB6RQN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 02:48:01 PM »

Hi Phil. It has been a LONG time since we talked. Good to see you in print.

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL
W6RMK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »

do you have a service manual?  That often provides a lot more "theory of operation" kind of info (on my IC7000 it's pretty good and gives a lot of info)
W0XI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 10:35:08 AM »

TNX to WB5QRN, Brian, and W6RMT

Hi Brian. Yes, been a long time. I like the FT450D....as always find limitations...no rig provides everything....now trying to figure if can turn power off so can use the keyer only to practice sending CW. I'll check my CW programs to see if any accept a key/paddle input - perhaps a better way to go anyway. I use RUFZ, NuMorse, and JustLearnMorseCode. Like NuMorse best since can adjust the inter-word spacing while leaving the inter-character spacing at full speed. See my article on that under resources at www.4sqrp.com. Hey, if you are interested in amateur radio astronomy, I've been generating and posting a series of short articles. Email in profile. 73. Phil, W0XI
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:38:33 AM by W0XI » Logged
WB6RQN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 12:50:02 PM »

I'll look Phil. Good to see you here.

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: