I had the same problem sometime ago.
This issue was also addressed in the Yahoo User Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digipan
You need to download the latest Help program file from Microsoft :
and scroll down to the page to:
"Download the appropriate version of Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) , depending on the operating system that you are using:"
Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows Vista
**"Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7
Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows Server 2008
Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows Server 2008 R
I you don't mind I would like to highly recommend moving away from DigiPan and going to FLdigi @ www.w1hkj.com
for several reasons.
1. DigiPan is fine for new users but FLdigi has a lot more capabilities and Features and Modes to choose from.
2. Fldigi is a MultiMode BUT also a Multi-OS program supporting MS Windows, Apple MAC OS as well a most Linux OS's.
3. If you are interested in Emcomm like RACES or ARES and soforth FLdigi/NBEMS
(Narrow Band Emergency Messaging System) is being used in some areas of the States.
4. The FLdigi/NBEMS is very well supported and has a very large following and is constantly being improved upon. DigiPan Currently NOT supported or Upgraded.
5. Fldigi does NOT rob you PC or Bog it down with functions that slow down the CPU or require a whole lot or RAM aka System Memory.
6. It is known to work on low end Note Books/Laptops.
I have it running on a Dell Laptop 650mhz CPU and I bumped up the Memory from 128 to 512mb.
Also running on a old NEC Z1 All-In-One Desktop that was a PIII 450mhz with only 128mb of Ram to a PIII 1ghz CPU and 512mb of RAM. Runs quite well.
If you have any questions please drop me a line at kb6hoh at comcast dot net.
73 de Steve KB6HOH