Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hope this goes here!  (Read 718 times)
W7TNS

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:30:28 PM »

Hi! Contemplating adding a vertical HF antenna to compliment my ntenna "farm"  *wink*   Wondering what best to cover at least 10-40 with working with least needed radials (not much turf)...Not sure anything is out there, but appreciate any help...Tnx!  73 de Jerry W7TNS
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:56:50 AM »

Hi Jerry,

Although I can't directly answer your question, I would recommend that you post this in the 'Tower Talk' forum as they deal directly with Antenna questions and seem to be quite helpful.  You might also try the 'Elmers' forum as well.  You may also want to consider changing the subject line to something more directly related to your question, that seems to get people's attention (although I guess you can't say that with absolute certainty since I did read this post with the subject as is...lol).  Another good resource is the 'Reviews' section of the website.  They have a pretty long list of antennas that have been reviewed.  Good luck.

Carlton
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:03:22 AM by K2CMH » Logged
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »

I agree you might get more responses in "Tower Talk" and "Elmers."  And you'll find LOTS of people with opinions on verticals.   :-)   I bought a Gap a dozen years ago, the little one, 21' tall, because my wife didn't like my dipoles.  It actually worked better than I expected; most of the time it was weaker than a window-line-fed dipole, but occasionally it was better than the big wire.  Overall, it wasn't bad.  If you had only that much yard to work in, limiting radials for a traditional vertical, one of the Gaps might do you well.  Good luck!
W7TNS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »

Tnx for the helpful comments from the two replies I recived. Will look into those! Vy 73 es Gud DX!...de Jerry W7TNS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: