Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRD and QRZ Lookup  (Read 4546 times)
KC3EF

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2011, 06:20:16 AM »

I have been on the air for the last month or so.  When I was using HRD/DM780 I am not getting an call sign look up as I use to.  Has anything change?

73's
Dick
N7VEA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:38:47 PM »

Dick, the free lunch for some has been changed.  Here is the thread explaining it

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?301425-QRZ-Callsign-Database-Policy-Change

73, Bill N7VEA
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »

Oh well, it was a nice feature while it lasted, I sure liked it!
But I understand QRZ's reasoning.
Will we have to go back to buying callsign CDs
for our logging programs?  Grin
Ken  AD6KA
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »

Oh well, it was a nice feature while it lasted, I sure liked it!
But I understand QRZ's reasoning.
Will we have to go back to buying callsign CDs
for our logging programs?

DXLab continues to provide free use of QRZ.com as a callbook, subject to QRZ's 150 lookup-per-day limit. Note that DXLab displays the advertisements accompanying the callbook data, thereby maintaining the advertising revenue stream to QRZ.com.

KG4LMZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »

HRD also works up to the 150 a day limit, but you have to be logged in.  Lookup a callsign in HRD and click the button to go to QRZ.com, then log in.  You should be good to go at that point, up to the limit.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 01:18:16 PM »

150 lookups for me is more than plenty. I don't that many. But those guys in semi-rare countries that run a pile, won't be happy.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 05:20:41 PM »

150 lookups for me is more than plenty. I don't that many. But those guys in semi-rare countries that run a pile, won't be happy.

Guys in semi-rare countries that run a pile don't need callbook lookups; the incoming cards almost always include a SASE.

Dave, AA6YQ

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »

HRD also works up to the 150 a day limit, but you have to be logged in.  Lookup a callsign in HRD and click the button to go to QRZ.com, then log in.  You should be good to go at that point, up to the limit.
Thanks, just tried that, works FB.
I still want to try DXLab one of these days.
Does either HRD or DXLab let you import that QRZ address info
to print onto a label or envelope
? That would be sweet.
73, Ken AD6KA
KG4LMZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »

]Does either HRD or DXLab let you import that QRZ address info
to print onto a label or envelope? That would be sweet.

HRD's logbook program will print contacts, including the QRZ.com lookup information.  I don't know DXLab so can't help on that one.
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »

? That would be sweet.
73, Ken AD6KA

Yes, DX Lab Suite's DXKEEPER logging app easily adds address info to a log entry and allows you to print to a variety of label and envelope sizes and styles. I use nested DX mailers for direct DX QSLs and DXKEEPER nicely prints DX addresses from the log onto the outer envelope and also allows batch printing of return addresses on the inner envelope. Very streamline and easy to do.  I think it is the best piece of software I have ever used for ham radio bar none. I might sound like a fanboy for DX Lab Suite but believe me, it is a very solid stable suite of apps that does exactly what I ask of it and probably more. I just haven't hit that limitation yet and I've used it for over 4 plus years. The log analysis tools themselves are the best features. With a few keystrokes and mouse clicks, I can filter and find almost any group of QSOs I need to analyze or review. Makes award tracking and management a breeze unlike some programs I have used in the past (no names or titles given to avoid a 'fire storm' of replies and arguments"

You owe it to yourself to check out DX Lab Suite.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
KC9SRO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 03:23:03 AM »

I still want to try DXLab one of these days.
? That would be sweet.
73, Ken AD6KA

I just copy & paste the info to my DYMO Label printer.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »

HRD Label program allows you to print Labels, Envelopes and directly on the QSL it is a separate program from HRD but download information can be found on the HRD page Great program I use it a bunch.
 As for the QRZ Look up in HRD I got a XML subscription 2 years ago and have re-uped every year since. I recent changes at QRZ have not affected XML subscribers at all plus it is a bunch faster than the web look-up.

Roland AH6RR

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: