Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JT65 on HF & bad habits/op's  (Read 2224 times)
AH6RR

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2011, 03:45:14 PM »

I have been using JT-65 for around 1 year now and have enjoyed it a bunch until recently. The last few nights there seems to be a bunch of rude and inconsiderate op's mostly JA's that do not want to wait for you to Finnish a QSO before they jump in and call for a QSO. I mostly like to work the -20 and weaker signals from EU, AF and the Middle East and when a stronger signal jumps on your bandwidth they completely wipe the other op out. Given that it takes around 3-4 minutes to complete a QSO under normal circumstances it has taken me up to 8-10 minutes the last few nights because I want to confirm the contact with the station I started out with. I have over 30 DXCC countries confirmed and 69 worked and missed number 70 last night (UT4UF) because of a JA kept calling and calling  and calling then he started following me around disrupting my my attempts to make any more QSO's calling me a bad op. I have never had any JA's act like that they are always the most polite op's I have ever seen for the most part. But I have seen 4 JA's the last 3 nights that are far from polite in fact they have been very rude. So as a result of this behavior I will put aside JT65 for a while.

Roland AH6RR     
K2NCC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:08:59 AM »

If you're that sensitive, you won't be on any frequency for long.  There's 100s of modes to try, give them and the dial a spin!

Vy 73, de Frank K2NCC
AK4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »

I'm certainly not condoning bad operation but.. having just started using JT65, I've found that there is a certain rhythm to it (howbeit a simple one). I've left a couple of contacts hanging and been left hanging a few times. It's such a brief mode there's not exactly an easy way to put "Hey, you're being a bonehead. This is why.." in a msg. Maybe there should be... AB1CDE AK4KZ BH

But I'm learning. I also have to be very careful to turn my power down and shut off my compression when I get into JT65. I wonder how many people don't even think about that.

My point, I guess, is that ignorance isn't always maliciousness. Actually, I've found it's not usually so. Sometimes. But not as often as we'd like to think.

As far as following you around.. well, yeah. I'd do the same. With your QTH, for some of us (low power guys on the east coast), you're almost a rock star.

Anyway.. have some patience.. For they may not know what they do.

73 and Aloha,
Chris
AK4KZ
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:27:38 AM by AK4KZ » Logged
W8BRI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »

Maybe you should have just worked him and he would have went away then. they are calling you on the assumption that you are going to call cq on your sequence and this just eliminates you having to call cq. I kind of like it. I agree that overpowered ops are ruining things.

good luck
Brian w8bri
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: