Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prosigns  (Read 1902 times)
KG4PYM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2001, 09:11:24 PM »

OBVIOUSLY I HAVE TO LEARN HOW THIS FORUM THING WORKS AS WELL. THE PREVIOUS COMMENT WAS FOR N5XM RE "...THERE IS NO CW GOD..."

(ALTHOUGH i MUST ADIMT I THINK I'VE HEARD A FEW ON THERE, BLAZING ALONG AT LIGHT-SPEED FULL QSK, SELDOM A LULL, BACK AND FORTH EXCHANGES, TRULY THOSE CONVERSATIONS ARE THE MOST AMAZING THINGS, HEARING ENTIRE WORDS AND PHRASES INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUAL LETTERS.
KC4MQF

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2001, 05:37:11 PM »

There are definite difference in the prosigns.  And I feel they should be used as they let the other know what is going on.  My understanding of these prosignes have always been:

-- "K" at the end is turning it over but also an invite for possible break-in traffic.

-- "KN" means turns it back over to the other station and you only want that station to reply.

-- "BK" is used in mid stream.  You ask a quick question followed by "BK".  The other op answers the question and ends with "BK" to give it back to you.  You pick it back up and go on with your traffic.

I do not profess to be a CW guru.  This is just the way it was explained to me years ao and seems to be the usage I hear on the bands.

Just my $.02 (Refunds on request)
WA4DOU

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2002, 10:29:29 AM »

The useage of prosigns on the air is mostly wrong. Refer to the Radio Amateurs Handbook or The Radio Amateurs Operating Manual for an explaination of the correct useage of each.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: